My teaching methodology includes: Learning English by pictograph, group Speaking, Listening, reading and writing in a multi-cultural class of students from non-English speaking countries. I also facilitate group dialogue, special reading and writing projects which enhance effective communication
I am trained and certified Teacher in Etobicoke Board of Education, Ontario, Canada. I am also completed TEFL course in Toronto International School, Willodale, Ontario. I have earned 8 years teaching experience in Elm Bank school (1994-2002).
Professor Mahbub Hasan
Email: (concealed information) Marital Status: Married
Applying for : International Teacher /Tutor Online
My goal is to build up my career as a Leader in Teaching, Recruitment and educational Consultancy. In this field, I have practically earned leadership skills & experience (Bangladeshi & Canada) since 1980. Therefore, I am looking for the leadership in teacher recruitment and administrative position in schools & Colleges which would allow me contribute to enhancing teaching system anywhere in the world.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (1980-2017)
Position held : ESL Teacher, Elm Bank High School. Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada
Institute : Board of Etobicoke, Etobicoke (West of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
(Participated in Teacher’s recruitment and training team in the Board of Education, Toronto)
Visiting Professor, Daffodil International University, Dhaka , Bangladesh
Country affiliate of ITTT TEFL (teacher recruitment and referral program, Dhaka
Founder Principal, Nitol College of Information technology (NCIT)
-Chairman and Principal, Shojag Voccational College Licensed by BTEB
-Specialty in teacher Recruitment and training policy and program in Bangladesh
-ESL Teacher, LINC School, Portuguese Community , Toronto, Canada
-Member, Curriculum Development Committee, Toronto Board of Education
-Teaching Assistant, Dept. of Geography, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
--Assist. Prof., Dhaka University, Geography & Environment, Climate Change, and Disaster
-Research Fellow, University of Toronto, under Prof. Lynn McDonald, Environment
-Research Fellow, Jahangirnagar University, Savar, Dhaka
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Teaching recruitment and guidance in the board of Etobicoke, Ontario
• Special guidance to mentally retarded children in Elm bank Middle school, Toronto
• Curriculam Committee member, Humber College, Toronto, Canada
• Arranging group learning and HRD in international teacher employment, UWO, London
• Official reporting to Universities and Institutes on new state-of-the-art curriculum.
• Project, activity and team work planning to enhance teachers skill development
• Development and coordination of cross-team and partner projects and activities.
• Monitoring and evaluating of educational research and teacher training projects
• Innovative education and training concept and funding proposal writing.
• Educational Budget compilation and educational management system development
1993- 96 Post-graduate Studies (Diploma in Computer Science)
University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
1991-1993 TESL (Post-graduate Diploma)-Woods worth College
University of Toronto, Toronto Ontario, Canada
Grades: 10.5/12 (3.8 out of 4 equivalent)
1984-1986 Graduate Program for M.Sc (Major: Environmental Studies)
Specialty field: “Water Quality Regions of South Western Ontario Rivers”
University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario
Grades: 3.24/4.00 (Environmental Impact Studies)
1976-1977 Master of Science (Major: Geography & Environment)
Dhaka University , Dhaka, Bangladesh
Hasan, M , Goodchild,M et al ; Morphometry of Selected Ontario Rivers, CAG conference proceedings, UW, 1995
Hasan, M. et al : Effects of Canalization on the Pocomoke (Delaware) Rivers, 1987
Hasan,M Choudhury, T: Water Quality Regions of Southwest Ontario Rivers., Canadian geographers
Vol-117, No.10, 1998, UWO, Canada
Author, Three books on Environment and Resources of Bangladesh, Bangla Academy, Dhaka (Bengali version), 1985-196
Author, a series of research articles and reports with DOE, MOEF, Govt. of Bangladesh
UNFCCC Report (2008), Enabling Activities on Second national Communications, DOE Funded by UNDP, Bangladesh
HRRP (CDMP) Report (2009); Implementation of Household Risk Reduction Plan, Comprehensive disaster Management Program, Ministry of Food and Disaster Management
(Funded by UNDP/EC/DFID).
Membership and affiliations
Founder president, Bangladesh Eco-brick & environment Council (BEBEC)
Member, Global CCS Institute, Canberra, Australia.
Deputy Team Leader, I & FF, UNOPS (UNDP)
Member, Association of American Geographers (AAG)
Life Member, Bangladesh Geographical Society (BGS)
Life Member, Canadian Geographical Association
Life Member, Soil Conservation Society of America, Ontario Chapter
Member, Techical Advisory Group (TAG), Climate Cell, DOE, GOB
BUP Representative, NSDS, MOEF
Climate Action Network, South Asia (CANSA), Bangladesh National Steering Committee
DOE Training on CDM and Energy Efficiency (sponsored by World Bank), 12/2012
IFC Workshop (01/2013) on Low Carbon Zone Road in BEPZA, Bangladesh.
˚UNDP/ADB workshop (Nov.27/11) on Promoting Energy Efficient Brick Kiln to transform 7000 FCK to HHK with CDM component.
• Climate Vulnerable Forum (CVF, Nov. 13-14, 2011) as Preparatory programs on Climate Conf. in Durban by LDCs ( attended by 40 countries)
• UNDP Workshop (June, 2011) : Final presentation on I & FF (Energy, Water and agriculture)- review on sectoral presentations. CIRDAP
• UNOPS Work shop (January, 2011): Integration of sectoral Studies (Water, Agriculture and Energy), CIRDAP, Dhaka.
• UNDP (11/2010): Presentation on MDG (Sector -7: Environment- Achievement and Expectation), BUP Seminar Hall, Dhaka).
• UNDP Workshop (2009) : Successfully completed 3-day Climate Change workshop on investment & Financial flow (I & FF). Actively shared knowledge in the Energy team, and was nominated as the Deputy Team Leader
• Climate Change Cell : Attended a series of seminar and conferences of the Climate change cell ( headed Dr. Mostafa K. Faruk) at DOE as the member of Technical Advisory Group (TAG).
• Workshop: Attended 3-day training session of Sector wide Approach (SWAP) funded by Netherland Govt. and participated by CIDA among other DPs. ( I was elected as the next step group member in national water management planning, GOB)
• Training : Attended four sessions during April 7 –1 16, 2002 on ‘ Striving for Excellence in University Teaching and Learning III ’ conducted by Professor Sergio J. Piccinin, Director for University Teaching, University of Ottawa, Canada.
• Language Course Completed a 15-hour English language course entitled ‘The Accent Modification Course’ spanned over 15 weeks in semester 2, 1996 organized by the Center for Teaching and Learning, The University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
• Excellent experience in working with and establishing collaborations wide different national and international organizations, stakeholder, governmental agencies, public authorities, and indigenous groups and communities.
• Profound knowledge of foreign teacher employment policies and guidelines.
• Good knowledge of interpersonal communication and leadership skills
• Good experience in project and activity reporting and documentation
• Good experience in monitoring activities, using professional teachers
• Long experience in computer based budget creation and applications .
• Hardworking, responsible, well organized and goal-oriented person
• Excellent skills in communication, negotiation and motivating teachers
• Excellent experience in working independently with good self-teaching abilities.
• Good global team player with excellent communication skills in climate change issues.
• Bengali (Excellent)- Author of two text books published by Bangla Academy
• English (Excellent)- Earned higher education & TEFL training in U of T, Toronto.
• French (basics)
• Microsoft office software package (advanced) and communication languages
• GIS (familiar InfoMaps) system and applications
• Microsoft Project, Open project development and presenetation
• Computer based RDBMS and Decision analysis tools (good).
AREA OF INTEREST
• Innovative education, and International teaching (e.g. TESL, TEFL)
• International teachers recruit, training and uniform global educational system
• Development of Interactive skills development techniques and dissemination
• Awareness in building on global warming , Carbon capture, climate change mitigation.
• Alternative online education system application to improve livelihood of poor generation
• Implement Innovative Energy policies and renewable energy plants for a clean environment
• Innovative technology on different Renewable Energy Projects (Biogas, solar and wind –hybrid) systems engineering, linear and integer and dynamic programming, risk analysis, queue analysis, decision support systems.
• Online video training based Civil Engineering I have a good knowledge of design, operation and management of activities in that sector.
• Environmental and Transportation Engineering, a very good knowledge of design, operation and management activities in these sectors.
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
• Chief Coordinator, Job oriented Interactive teaching Institutes in Bangladesh
• Joint Coordinator, Soil conservation Society of America, Ontario Chapter (1986)
• Head, TEFL teacher referral program for International Teacher Training (ITTT-Tefl, USA)
• Life Member, Bangladesh Geographical Association, Canadian Association of Geographers
• Bangladesh Affiliate, ATA TESOL (Australia), Marie Lum –Coordinator (Sydney)
Professor Mahbub Hasan
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest general knowledge lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, sociology lessons for all!
Taking geopolitics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$22||Not available||$23|
|5 hours||$100||Not available||$115|
|10 hours||$180||Not available||$230|