- Hourly rate $25
- Response Time 24h
- Number of students 1
1st lesson is free!
Ontario Certified K-12 Teacher Offering Individualized Online Tutoring in English Writing
- By webcam
About the lesson
In the interest of getting to the heart of the matter, let me explain my teaching methodology through a series of “I believe” statements which will hopefully help you to understand where my heart is as an educator and to make the best choice for your child:
1. I believe that every child deserves to be educated by an empathetic professional who is dedicated to creating a safe and welcoming space in which they can thrive.
2. I believe in the value of equity in learning, namely that every child deserves to have an education that suits their individual needs.
3. I believe that a good teacher is willing to learn along with their students, embodying the notion of life-long learning.
4. I believe that teaching is one of the most difficult, but also one of the most rewarding professions in the world.
5. I believe that learning is constantly changing and is different for every students, making teaching an art of adaptation and continual engagement.
6. I believe that teaching and learning are about relationships, instilling positive values ad expectations, and helping students grow to the greatest possible heights.
- Vocabulary - English
- Oral expression - English
- Writing comprehension - English
Listening comprehension - English
Writing expression - English
- All Levels
First of all, let me welcome you to my "classroom"!
My name is Amy (or Mrs. G to the kids!) and I am a fully licensed Ontario Teacher. I posses a Bachelor of Education focussed in the Intermediate/Senior (Grades 7-12) division with a specialty in International Education. This degree was completed in the spring of 2018 through Althouse Faulty of Education at Western University. Prior to this, I completed an Honours Bachelor of Arts Degree with a double major in English Language and Literature as well as History. I graduated from this program in the spring of 2016 from Western University.
Since my time in Teacher's College, I have successfully achieved Additional Qualifications in the Primary (Grades K-3) and Junior (Grades 4-6) divisions, which, therefore, qualifies me to teach any grade from Kindergarten to Grade 12 - though, I am only qualified to teach either English or History at the secondary level.
I am currently employed by the Thames Valley District School Board as an Elementary Occasional (supply) Teacher and have been working for the Board since September 2020. Before that, while I was working on my additional qualifications, I was employed as a Program Supervisor for the Before and After School Program with the London Children's Connection working out of Lambeth Public School.
In terms of my tutoring experience specifically, during my undergraduate degree I was a volunteer with the Children's Aid Society of London and Middlesex as a one-on-one tutor to both elementary and high school students. In addition, I was a writing tutor at my University's Writing Center for 3 of the 4 years I was a student on the recommendation of one of my professors.
Teaching is more than just a job to me - it's a part of who I am, and there is nothing that I am more passionate about than helping students achieve the maximum success that they can.
Thank you for taking the time to read through my professional experience and education, and I look forward to working together!
Perfect! Very prompt and helpful. Insightful and detailed.
- See the response Amy : Ethan was a pleasure to work with - intelligent, insightful with a desire to improve. It was great to see!
View more reviews
- 5 h: $100
- 10 h: $200
- $ 25/h