Academia can be a linear and overwhelming place! I like to use real word events, discussion, and situational problem solving in which students can apply the different theories we will learn together. Learning should be fun, and intersectional. There is no one way of learning, and it is important to me that every student feels confident in their abilities, in my classroom and beyond.
Studying globalization and international affairs, specializing in social inequalities and social changes! My education has led me to gain experience in the settlement and refugee sectors. I have a passion for research and knowledge production in the department of sociology and anthropology. I look forward to discussing and learning with you!
- Global and International Studies, Specializing in Inequality and Social Change, Carleton University, 2018-Present
- Birth and Labour Doula Studies, Doula Training of Canada, 2017
- Collège Catholique Franco-Ouest, High School Diploma, 2016
- Researcher and survey developer, National Newcomer Navigation Network, 2020- Present.
- English Second Language Teacher, QKIDS, 2019-2020
- Legal Assistant, Todd Sloan Law, Contract, Spring/Summer 2019
- Infant Nanny|Housekeeper, Canadian Nannies, Contract, May 2018-September 2018
- Hostess, Sidedoor Contemporary Kitchen and Bar, 2016-2017
- Camp Counsellor, Dovercourt Recreation Center, Summer Camps, 2013-2015
Skills and Certifications
- Teaching English Foreign Language, Advanced 120-Hour , TEFLEN Training College, 2019
- CALACS training, “Centre d’aide et de lutte contre les agressions à caractères sexuelles”, 2016
- Two Published Works, Young Writers of Canada, 2015 & 2016
- Healthy Minds for Healthy Children, High Five Certification, 2015
- Birth and Labour Companion, Mothercraft, assisted 2 labours/clients, 2016 - Present
- Humanitarian Mission Member, Nuestro Pequeños Hermanos, Dominican Republic, 2016
- 1st Italian (Fluent)
- 2nd French (Fluent/Reading/Excellent/writing and grammar)
- 3rd English (Fluent/ Reading/ Excellent writing and grammar)
- 4th Spanish (Basic vocabulary, reading and writing)
Michela tutored throughout my high school grade 11 English class. Because of her, I really improved on my essay writing and my oral communication skills. I am not a fluent English speaker, but because of her I gained a lot of confidence in the English language. She was patient, understanding, welcoming and more importantly, knowledgable. Thank you Michela!
Michela is a very caring educator. She really takes the time to make sure you understand each concept well, in a very empathetic and gentle manner, before moving on. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone needing help with English or History!
Michela is passionate about teaching and it shows. She is patient, adaptable and encouraging with her students — the makings of a great teacher. I would highly recommend her as she has helped me immensely with my english and french courses. You will not regret it!!
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest sociology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, current affairs lessons for all!
Taking ethics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$17|