My teaching method is primarily driven by creating a fun and positive energy in dance classes. I believe that dance is an art form that creates so much joy, and should be open to all people. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced dancer, I want to provide an enjoyable experience that leaves you feeling fulfilled.
I graduated from Ryerson University in 2016 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Performance Dance. I am a dance teacher at a private studio and would love to teach others online and in person in an individual or group setting! I am able to provide both dance technique classes as well as dance fitness type classes.
Dance Teaching Experience
2018 - Present: DANCE TEACHER / Dansecore School of Dance
• Lead Intermediate Teacher for competitive dancers in jazz, contemporary, and lyrical large and small groups
• Teacher for competitive senior contemporary large group
• Recreational teacher in lyrical, acro and ballet
• Grade 3 RAD ballet teacher
• Choreograph ballet, jazz, contemporary, lyrical and pointe solos
Jan – Feb 2020: STUDENT TEACHER/ Westmount Collegiate Institute
• Taught grade 9 and 11 classes in the Arts West stream
• Taught grade 11 and 12 classes in the Open Dance stream
• Began choreographing jazz and contemporary pieces for senior dancers for their end of year show
• Taught portions of a ballet unit, contemporary unit and improv unit
• Assisted the head teacher in jazz technique classes
2014 - 2019: RESIDENT ARTIST / Alexander Mackenzie High School
• Lead choreographer on ballet, jazz and modern dances for the grades 9-12 show, Dance Expressions.
• Taught a six-week ballet unit to the grade 9-12 dance classes which included making lesson plans, building rubrics and assisting in the marking process. Provided feedback and next steps to all 60 dance students
• Assisted in running auditions for grade 8 students looking to join the dance program. Composed ballet, modern and improvisational activities, and was a part of the panel determining whether or not students were successful in their audition.
2016-2017: TEACHER ASSISTANT/SUBSTITUTE TEACHER/ JCB Danceworks
• Substitute taught mini, junior, intermediate and senior competitive dance classes in a variety of styles (ballet, jazz, lyrical)
• Substitute taught mini, junior, intermediate and senior recreational dance classes in a variety of styles (acro, ballet, jazz, lyrical)
• Assisted in the choreography of competitive intermediate lyrical dances
• Assisted teachers in competitive large group classes of all ages (ballet, jazz,
July 2020: CREATOR & TEACHER / 31 Days of Dance, Online
• Created a month long online-program which teaches intermediate and senior dancers new jazz, acro and contemporary skills and tricks
• Filmed 23 videos in which I taught and demonstrated each new step for the students to learn
• Provided online feedback to students
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest choreography lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, contemporary dance lessons for all!
Taking modern dance lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$25|