Throughout the 5+ years of teaching music all over Wellington, New Zealand, the following responsibilities were required:
• Tutoring students of all ages - from 6 to 60, and of all skill levels - from beginners to advanced.
• Developing each student’s skill in playing guitar and expanding their knowledge and appreciation of music. This includes communicating basic chords, strumming to the beat, and simple melodies of their favorite pop tunes. This typically takes up the first 6 months of a beginner student. While more advanced students get stuck into lead playing, fingerpicking, jazz, improvisation, and accumulating a large repertoire.
• Displaying a high level of focus and attentiveness during teaching hours, this enables me to provide accurate and detailed written feedback during report writing. I write reports on all my students and this is delivered quarterly throughout the year to their parents.
• Being regularly called upon for relief tutoring by acclaimed New Zealand Musicians.
• Receiving several positive testimonials from happy students throughout the year.
I have been playing the guitar for 15 years, gigging for 10, and teaching for 5.
I have a bachelors degree in Music from an institution in New Zealand called Whitireia, where I met hundreds of talented musicians forming a wide variety of different bands of different styles.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest guitar lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, acoustic guitar lessons for all!
Taking electric guitar lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$50||$50||Not available|