- Hourly rate $17
- Response Time 24h
- Number of students 1
1st lesson is free!
Psychology Undergrad student, teaches reading and writing from middle school to high school in Halton & Peel. 4 years of experience teaching young minds and helping them understand themselves through
- At their place
- at your home
- By webcam
About the lesson
Each student learns differently, taking that into account and learning the best way to convey the lesson is first and foremost.
1. Focusing on exactly where the areas of struggle are
2. Constantly double check for understanding.
3. Practice, practice and practice. Practicing what they are good at gives them the confidence to work harder where improvement is needed.
4. Patience and good listening from both student and myself.
6. Reaching your goals can be fun! Planning engaging lessons and fun activities and giving constructive feedback is very important.
5.Keeping a positive outlook at all times
I use a very gentle teaching style, It is important for both of us to feel comfortable communicating with one another. Getting to know the interests of each student helps tailor lessons and make it intriguing for them.
areas of struggle examples;
- Poem writing/ understanding
- Vocabulary, spelling and grammar/ Proofreading
- Essay structure and writing
- Creative, persuasive and, narrative writing
- Media reporting
- Sentence and paragraph structure
- Critical thinking, reading and analysis structure
- Academic English
Cover letter preparation
- Elementary School
- Junior High / Middle School
- High School
Early childhood education
hello! My name is Jahmara I am a Psychology Undergraduate student at Brock university. I am 23 years old and really enjoy reading and writing. I actually do it for fun! I have 6 years experience working and teaching children ages 3-16 and have been tutoring for 4 years. I have a child psychology certificate and worked as an ECA for 4 of the 6 years. Throughout my journey i have gained experience with all different types of learners and experience with ADHD and , FASD. Learning and expanding your mind is one of the best ways to change your attitude and opens the door to a world of opportunities! I can't wait to get to know you and learn together!
Jahmara is such a sweet young lady and my daughter shimas grades and her confidence in writing went up so much after jahmara’s help. She really knows how to be patient and tailor to my daughter! Thank you Jahmara
Jahmara is extremely kind and a very passionate mentor and there’s no one more patient and ready for this. When I first met her I was jobless and struggling. now thanks to her I have a great job I make great money and I’m finally happy with myself. I would recommend her to anyone and everyone because I know she’s always willing and ready!
View more recommendations
- 5 h: $85
- 10 h: $170
- + $$10
- $ 14/h
Packages and on going tutoring pricing can be discussed.