I believe that learning is a two way street, and is never ending. My approach is to focus on the fundamentals, while always expanding to meet students current needs. Current level of education is not critical. Any range of learners from basic to ultra high levels.
I am a retired Professor of Telecommunications, with 40 years of computers, programming and networks currently working in IT education all across North America. My customer base has included - The F.B.I., Harvard Medical School, Fedex, and the American government.
An experienced educator with a superb background in all areas of education.
Certificate in Management, Canadian Institute of Management (in progress)
Secondary School Graduation Diploma (Grade 13)
G.L. Roberts Collegiate & Vocational Institute, Oshawa
Diploma - Adult Education, Durham College – 2004
Diploma – Computer Systems Technician - 2011
Certified instructor for – C-Cor electronics, North Safety products, Phillips communications, Alpha Technologies, Zenger Miller, Achieve Global, SCTE, Scientific Atlantic digital products/processes
Durham Literacy Council 2011-present
• Meet with students to assess their goals.
• Provide one on one training to achieve these goals.
• Instruction from early primary grades to college prep.
• Provide prepared or custom content to corporate clients at their location.
• Create tailored content to customize to need.
• Provide evaluation, feedback on results.
• Firewalls , network and asset control, Oracle, server mail applications, programming
Seneca College 2004-2016
Professor of Telecommunications.
• Created and delivered course material for second year stream.
• Teach students using a systematic plan of lectures, laboratory work, field assignments and projects
• Develop curriculum and prepare teaching materials and outlines for courses
• Prepare, administer and mark tests and papers to evaluate students' progress
• Advise students on program curaricula and career decisions
• Provide individualized tutorial instructions
• Supervise independent and group projects, field placements, laboratory work and hands-on training
• Team Manager
• Effectively managed 9 Team leaders with 15 direct reports to ensure all metrics and targets are met, and exceeded.
• Provided coaching and guidance to ensure success
• Fronted the Quality team of 12 Quality assessors providing quality support for front line staff
• Prepared daily site reporting
• Spokesman for Quality to client
• Prepared and delivered bi-monthly employee reviews
• Advanced skills with all mainstream Oracle or Microsoft software products and operating systems
• Proficient in Unix, Mac, and Linux.
• Advanced skills with Cisco routers, switches, scripting, management of small to mid-sized company
• Proficient in programming in C, C++, visual basic, visual C, PHP, CSS, Java, Access, SQL
• Proficient in IEX, Kronos and related time based programs.
• Excellent working knowledge of telecommunication protocols both wired and wireless.
• Advanced skills in program creation for process automation.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest computer programming lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, HTML lessons for all!
Taking C++ lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|