I will work with you to understand what type of a learner you are. Then we will learn new things and review old things in creative ways that are custom-made for your brain!
This can include a mix of skit-making, painting, whiteboards, models, lego, quizzes, etc.
Hi I'm Hanna!
Are you finding it hard to focus on coursework working from home because of COVID-19? Do you want to learn incredible subjects in a way that inspires and grows you? Let me help you get started!
I am qualified to offer high quality academic support in the areas of:
- biology (including botany, microbiology, physiology, ecology etc.)
- chemistry (analytical, organic, biological)
- music theory
Please say hello at:
email: (concealed information)
cell: (concealed information)
SUMMARY OF SKILLS
• Effective collaborator and leader, shown in executive club positions and extensive experience working with diverse groups in research and coursework.
• Strong sense of self-motivation, problem-solving and initiative-taking in independent research and various lab roles.
• Knowledgeable in invertebrate/vertebrate anatomy, physiology and behavior as well as horticulture, and botany.
• Familiar with software: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and R studio.
Bachelor of Science, Zoology (Honours)
University of Guelph, Guelph, ON
• Minored in Plant Sciences for a fuller understanding of associations between all living beings.
• Maintained Dean’s Honours List standing from 2018-2020.
• Enrolled in relevant courses such as: Herpetology, Mammalogy, Comparative Animal Physiology I and II, Integrative Vertebrate Biology, Invertebrate Morphology and Evolution, Insect Diversity, Developmental Biology, and Histology.
COURSEWORK AND PROJECTS
Field Methods in Environmental and Ecological Genomics
Queens University, Kingston, ON – University of Guelph, Guelph, ON
• Gathered local specimens of plants for subsequent preparation of herbarium specimens.
• Familiarized with use of various programming software such as Rstudio, Rnotebook, MobaXTerm, OpenRefine and BLAST.
• Employed skills in basic PCR and plant, fish and insect identification as well as seine netting.
• Collected quantitative data from study plots of invasive species purple loosestrife (Lythrum salicaria) and garlic mustard (Alliaria petiolata). May 13-27th 2017
Independent Research / Thesis in Integrative Biology
University of Guelph, Guelph, ON -- Sept 2019 - April 2020
• Designed and executed a research project on carry-over effects of brain plasticity in the Oriental fire-bellied toad (Bombina orientalis) through manipulation of the visual field and analysis of pre- and post-metamorphic sensory brain regions.
• Prepared a novel description of the developmental staging of B. orientalis through extensive review of current literature on indirect anuran developmental stages.
NSERC Summer Research Assistant | UoG Department of Integrative Biology
MAY – AUGUST 2020
• Assisted in field work examining avian diversity across farmlands with various levels of ecosystem restoration in southern Ontario.
• Manifested knowledge of over 150 local bird species to identify birds by both sight and sound for point count data collection.
• Tasked with sound meter set up, data entry, literature search, and website optimization
University Field Research Assistant
Department of Plant Agriculture, University of Guelph -- May 2017 - Sep 2017
• Efficient in lab work requiring analyses of experimental plants including strawberries and hascaps treated with hexanal.
• Demonstrated quality hand-skills in cutting, sorting, analyzing, planting and harvesting potatoes in Elora.
• Improved in stamina through varied physical labor of arranging and planting of ornamental flower trial gardens in Guelph, Milton, and RBG locations.
Field & Lab Research Assistant / Neil Rooney Lab
Department of Environmental Sciences, University of Guelph
--May 2019 - Sep 2019
• Trusted as a companion for lengthy field excursions, responsible for physical labor including carrying equipment, bushwhacking and wading through streams to facilitate progress of various projects related to assessing effects of agriculture management practices on stream ecosystems and function in the Great Lakes basin.
• Reliable in preparing and running complex chemical analyses on stream water samples for phosphorus and nitrogen content.
• Showed initiative and commitment to lab progress by undertaking an independent research task: becoming familiar with GIS software to collect information on residential units within 500m of the Georgian Bay shore.
Event and Sales Co-ordinator --Sep 2017 - April 2018
Horticulture Club, University of Guelph
• Showed efficient organization, administrative and recruiting skills while planning the University of Guelph Horticulture club’s participation in the annual Canadian Greenhouse Conference, including the facilitation of corresponding plant sales, as well as through general membership on the club’s executive team.
Website Co-manager and Event Photographer -- Sep 2016 - April 2017
Wildlife club, University of Guelph
• Collaborated with a partner and other executive club members to establish and curate a club website and Instagram page weekly with meeting minutes, changes to club activities and event photographs.
Field Assistant -- June - Sep 2018
Newman Lab - Department of Integrative Biology, University of Guelph
• Responsible for setting up and observing squirrel traps as well as the collection of fecal samples for research on grey squirrels on the University of Guelph campus considering the effects of urbanization on stress physiology and behavior.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cell biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physiology lessons for all!
Taking zoology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|