I am a huge believer in learning by example. I will give my student(s) the required knowledge for problems in depth, but to really test understanding examples are needed. Going step by step through an introductory example, then giving the student a new example with ample help from me if needed is what I believe to be the most effective form of teaching.
I am an aspiring biochemical engineer who loves to teach and give help on subjects regarding biology and chemistry. Being a biochemical engineering student at Queen's University I am very well-rounded, being able to give help in every and any science. I also have much experience working in groups and some experience tutoring peers and younger students.
I may require a larger rate for more advanced classes such as University Level Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Math.
- Completed 1st year of Biochemical Engineering degree at Queen’s University, deferring 2nd year
- 3.56 cumulative GPA, equivalent to A- average
- O.S.S.D. from Durham Christian High school
- 96% average in University Level courses
2015-2020 - Part-time employee of Rekker’s Garden Centre
2017-2019 - Volleyball referee for the Clarington Ladies Recreational Volleyball League
2014-2016 – Soccer referee for Darlington Soccer Association
- Currently a Dean’s scholar at Queen’s University
- Received the Queen’s Principal’s Entrance Scholarship for achieving an average of 95% or above in 4U courses
- Received the Governor General Academic Medal upon graduation from Secondary School
- Received the Group of 10 Award for the student with the highest average in University courses in Secondary School
- Received the Creative Writing Award upon graduation of Secondary School
- Received several Scholarship offers for post-secondary varsity volleyball
- Student leader in the Knox Knighthawks volleyball camp (summer, 2015 and 2016)
- Refereed at the Knox Christian School Volleyball Tournament in 2015 and 2016
- Attended week long SERVE projects in Washington, Chicago, and Hamilton in 2016, 2018, and 2019 respectively, serving the homeless and less fortunate through Rehoboth Christian Reformed Church
- Attended a 3 day service trip to Toronto as a part of Durham Christian High School, working at food banks and housing centres
- Participated in intramurals at Queen’s University for volleyball and basketball
- Member of Durham Attack volleyball club (2017,2019)
- Member of volleyball, basketball and hockey teams at Durham Christian High School (2015-2019)
- Egaming Brawl Stars player (2018)
- Member of the Newcastle Stars Rep hockey team (2012 - 2016)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Experience with coding in C language and MatLab
- Experience with AutoCad and related drawings/sketches
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking organic chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|