I have run programs to help children reach developmental milestones including adapted sports programs for children along the autism spectrum. I will customize a program to meet your child’s specific goals. Whether it’s improving balance or learning how to throw and catch, I’ll have your bases covered, meet your goals and together we can score success!
I have been a children's sports coach for 10 years and providing different types of therapy (including physical, social, cognitive and behaviour) for children along the autism spectrum for the past 4 years. As a coach, I have also run adapted programs for children along the spectrum.
Additional travel cost dependent on distance. 24-hrs notice required for cancellations. Less than 24hrs notice will result in a fee equal to 50% of the scheduled lesson.
Instructor Therapist (March 2017 - Present)
- Providing 1:1 home based IBI therapy programs to children aged 4-5 years on the autism spectrum
- Communicating daily with parents and co-therapists regarding progress, programs and/or behavioural concerns
- Properly maintaining and updating data collection sheets
Area Manager/ Master Coach (May 2006 – July 2016)
- Teaching a variety of developmentally appropriate sports skills to children from 16 months up to the age of 12yrs to develop balance, strength, coordination and motor skills
- Adapting skills and games based on each child’s ability and developmental level; working with children with special needs including autism, attention deficit disorders, cognitive, language and other physical or mental developmental delays in mainstream and specialized programs at KidsAbility
- Communicating with program location coordinators and addressing any issues and concerns as they arise; scheduling programs and coaches
Therapist (June 2013-June 2016)
- In less than a year, successfully assisted a 4 year old child with a variety of social, cognitive and physical delays, in reaching most of the gross motor skills developmentally appropriate for his age through physical skills therapy and the direction of the Intensive Multi-Treatment Intervention (IMTI) Program
- As a result, later began conducting other therapy sessions targeting social, cognitive and academic objectives
- Employed a variety of teaching methods and strategies as part of therapy program; recognized and incorporated sensory integration as needed (e.g. body breaks, astronaut training; vision therapy, bunt ball and brain gym exercises)
- Re-evaluated progress and success of activities on a regular basis and able to adjust as necessary to improve performance
Diploma - Recreation and Leisure Studies
Bachelor of Arts – Kinesiology and Health Science
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$35||$35||Not available|
|5 hours||$170||$170||Not available|
|10 hours||$335||$335||Not available|