The type of program models I'm most familiar with include yoga, resistance and strength training, as well as cross-training. I take a very individualized approach to programming. Our first session will include an interview of sorts, during which I'll ask about your experience, goals and expectations. We can decide from there whether you would prefer some guidance in building and executing an exercise program of your own, or if you would prefer that I guide you through an exercise program I build and tailor for you.
I'm a Kinesiology student at the Univerity of Waterloo. I've worked alongside certified Strength Training Coaches, Physiotherapists and Athletic Trainers for several years, and have gained a lot of informal experience in delivering personalised exercise prescription programs. I have experience guiding youths, adults and older adults. I'd be happy to use my theoretical knowledge and practical experience to advise or guide you in your fitness journey.
The average rate for yoga lessons in Waterloo is $37. I recognize that I'm a student and not a certified professional, so my rate has been reduced to reflect this.
My cancellation policy:
There is none! I understand the difficulties and confusion this last year has brought with the pandemic. I'm willing to be flexible.
- Experienced with exercise coaching in clinical, gym and camp settings
- Enthusiastic, hard-working and reliable
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Standard First Aid and CPR HCP Level Certification
Candidate for Bachelor of Science (BSc) | September 2018 - Present
Honours Kinesiology, 3B, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON
Rehabilitation Assistant | 2020
Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation Centre
- Assisted therapists by applying modalities, demonstrating exercise regimes, and preparing equipment for treatment in a fast-paced clinical setting.
- Provided patient support within my scope as a student, encouraged patients to speak with their therapist when outside my scope, and generated a positive and welcoming environment through conversation.
- Utilized time management skills to ensure that all assistance-based and cleaning tasks were completed throughout the day so that the workplace was clean, organized and ready for use at all times.
Cancer Rehabilitation and Exercise Assistant | 2019
University of Waterloo WELL-FIT Program
- Engaged cancer patients and those recently recovering from cancer in the program through assistance, support and correction in exercise techniques; Provided demonstration and explanation for exercise techniques when required.
- Spotted participants to ensure their safety during exercises or movements requiring balance and stability; Set up equipment, adjusted weights and started cardio machines; Cleaned and maintained all equipment to simplify the exercise process and maintain a tidy and welcoming exercise environment.
- Researched symptoms associated with cancer treatment side effects; Proactively used these considerations to manipulate exercises to assure the health, safety and enjoyment of participants if required.
Yoga and Mindfulness Instructor | 2018
- Developed and implemented a yoga and mindfulness program for children from the ages of 4 to 12; Kept groups of 8 to 12 children on-task and engaged in the exercises.
- Researched tools and common practices involved in yoga and mindfulness; Found and created child-friendly versions of these apparatus to utilize in the program.
- Produced a schedule for the program. Flexibly altered this schedule to incorporate changes to the overall camp schedule, weather patterns, and in response to the children's engagement.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest hatha lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, flow yoga lessons for all!
Taking vinyasa yoga lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$250|