My teaching methods are tailored to the individual student. I like to work with my students to first accomplish their goals in a subject/area and then outline how I can help them to accomplish that. I use techniques to ensure that students are learning what I am teaching them such as; having them explain it back to me and identifying what type of learning works best for different students.
I graduated with a degree and Communication and am pursuing a Masters degree in Business Administration. I graduated from the University of Alabama at Birmingham Summa Cum Laude. While at UAB I am also a student athlete playing Beach Volleyball. I have worked in research, coaching and in the hospitality field and have experience working with all types of people.
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies- April 2019
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude
- Deans List
Vancouver Island University
Started Undergraduate degree in Marketing
- Full Academic Presidential Scholarship for High School Excellence
Oak Bay High School
High School Diploma with Honors- June 2015
- 4.0 GPA
- Honor Roll Student
Coaching at VVL: Vancouver B.C.
Beach Volleyball Coach (May 2019- August 2019)
- Coaching and inspiring youth and younger players
- Organizing and Planning practices
- Sharing my passion with others
- Coordinating with other coaches and coaching players in tournaments
Jusu Bar Inc: Victoria B.C.
Cashier Leader and Hostess (May 2017 - December 2017)
- Educated customers on the product
- Worked at showcases to bring customers into the store
- Prepared food and drinks
- Counted inventory, prepared order sheets
Plan Canada: Victoria B.C.
Campaigner (May 2016 – August 2016)
- Approached customers and pitched to them to gain their donation
- Represented the company in different locations (malls, booths)
- Had to “sell” something that no one wanted to buy
- Experienced working for a charity
Refereed Volleyball Intramurals: Nanaimo B.C
Referee (September 2015- April 2016)
- Organized competitions
- Ensured teams started on time
- Assured safety for all participants
VIU Women’s Volleyball team member (2015 – 2017)
- Received PacWest Academic Excellence Award
- 2016 CCAA National Champion
- 2017 CCAA National Bronze Medal
UAB Beach Volleyball Team Member (2018 – present)
- full time student while also practicing, training and competing for 4 hours each day at the division 1 level
- Played at the 3rd seed for the entire 2019 season
- Most team wins in a season (2019)
- Amazing Kid Award recipient 2015
- Small Block Athletics award from Oak Bay High school- 2015
- MVP of the Senior Girls Volleyball Islands Championships- 2014
- Represented Vancouver Island at the BC Summer Games for Beach Volleyball- 2014
- UAB Beach Volleyball Culture Award- 2019
- Habitat for Humanity (September 2018)
- Martin Luther King Service Day (January 2018)
- Wagon Washing at UAB Children’s (January 2018 – January 2019)
- UAB Basketball Kids Day (February 2019)
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest weight loss lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, eating well lessons for all!
Taking relaxation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$40|