Based on my experience of teaching as TA at McMaster University and Cairo University in Egypt, I used different methods like using power points and some experimental setup. I taught a lot of courses like power electronics, ac drives, DC drives, Matlab and ac/dc machines.
4- DSpace control desk NG
6- proteus design
I am a Ph.D. student at McMaster University and I have MSc degree in electric power and machines.
I have great experience in the electrical engineering field. I taught a lot of courses like Matlab, Power electronics, PLC, electronics, control system, AC drives, DC drives, AC/DC Machines.
Highlights of Qualifications:
• Over five years of experience in the electrical engineering field of designing electric machines controllers and troubleshooting of electric machines.
• Strong knowledge of battery charger design for Electric vehicles (2 years of experience).
• Strong knowledge of electric smart meter calibration using ZERA calibration panel (ministry of electricity and renewable energy, Egypt)
• Strong knowledge of control system design of electric machines.
• Strong knowledge of drive system of induction machines, permanent magnet synchronous machines and its control systems.
• Strong knowledge grid connected PV system with the ability of designing and implementation of this system.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
Education and qualifications:
2013 – 2017 Cairo University (Electric Power and Machines Department)
MSc. In Automatic Control
With GPA (3.7)
Thesis Title: “Control of Wind Energy Conversion System using Doubly-Fed Induction Generator”.
Dissertation abstracts: The performance of a Wind Turbine-Driven doubly-fed induction generator (DFIG) based on vector oriented control has been studied using three different controllers for both the grid side converter and the rotor side converters. The controllers are PI-controller, MRAC and L1 adaptive control. The controllers’ performances have been verified using both simulation and experimental results. A Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor is used as a Wind Turbine Emulator to provide the wind turbine dynamics for the system.
2016 – 2017 American University in Cairo (Career Development Department)
Business Administration and Management Diploma
With GPA (3.85)
This certificate is an introduction to concepts and theories of how business organizations are managed. Furthermore to enhance the learner knowledge, develop his skills, advance decision making abilities, improve his capacity of analyzing and synthesizing, and build up strategic planning methods through completing this career.
2007 – 2011 Benha University (Electric Power and Machines Department)
BSc. In Electric Power and Machines
With Excellent with Honor degree (87.07%)
2019-Present PhD. Student at McMaster University Canada
• Electric machine design (Switched Reluctance Motor and Axial Flux Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor )
2017-2019 Electric Engineer Engineering office for integrated projects at ( EOIP ) Egypt
• Design 1.5 Kw onboard battery charger for EV application.
• Design fly-back switched mode power supply for electric smart meter application.
• Design latch relay driver and latch valve driver for prepaid smart meter application.
2013 – 2017 Assistant researcher at Electronic Research Institute (ERI) Egypt
• Design and implementation of DFIG wind energy conversion system 1.5KW as a prototype
• implementation of grid connected PV system 1.2KW as a prototype
2012-2013 Electrical engineer at Egyptian Atomic Energy Authority
• work on electric distribution panels
2011-2012 Soldier at the Egyptian army
Part time Maintenance Engineer at Madico for Electric Motors
• troubleshooting of electric motor driver for induction and stepper motors
 Applying for a patent under the title of "A new method for grid angle and frequency detection", Osama M. Arafa, Mohamed E. Abdallah and Ghada A. Abdelaziz
1- Designing and implementation of 1.2 KW on-board battery charger for Electric Vehicle (input 240V/5A/50Hz output 24V/50A/DC) (EOIP)
2- Design and implementation of fly-back switched mode power supply for electric smart meter. (EOIP)
3- Latch relay driver and latch valve driver for smart meters (EOIP)
4- implementation of DFIG wind energy conversion system 1.5KW as a prototype (ERI)
5- implementation of grid connected PV system 1.2KW as a prototype (ERI)
 M. E. Abdallah, A. L. Elshafei and O. M. Arafa, "A Comparative Study of Maximum Power Point Tracking Techniques in WECS", in 4th International Conference on ADVANCED CONTROL CIRCUITS AND SYSTEMS (ACCS’015), Luxor, Egypt, 2015.
 M. E. Abdallah and O. M. Arafa, "Design and Control of One kilowatt DC Motor-based wind Turbine Emulator", International Journal of Engineering Research, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 185-189, 2016.
 M. E. Abdallah, O. M. Arafa, A. Shaltot and G. A. Abdel-Aziz, "MRAC-based vector oriented control of a Wind Turbine-Driven DFIG," 2016 Eighteenth International Middle East Power Systems Conference (MEPCON), Cairo, 2016, pp. 597-603.
 M. S. Omar, A. El-Deib, A. L. El Shafei, M. A. El. rhman and M. E. Abdallah, "Comparative study between PI and fuzzy-logic controllers for three-phase grid-connected photovoltaic systems," 2016 Eighteenth International Middle East Power Systems Conference (MEPCON), Cairo, 2016, pp. 380-386.
 M. Abdallah, O. Arafa, A. Shaltot and G. Aziz, "Wind turbine emulation using permanent magnet synchronous motor", Journal of Electrical Systems and Information Technology, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 121-134, 2018.
 O. M. Arafa, M. E. Abdallah, Ghada Ahmed “A New Fast, Reliable and Accurate DSP-Based Technique for Synchronizing VSC to the Grid ,” under publication.
O. Arafa, M. Abdallah and G. Abdel Aziz, "Realisation and HIL testing of wind turbine emulator based on DTC squirrel cage induction motor drive", International Journal of Industrial Electronics and Drives, vol. 4, no. 3, p. 155, 2018.
Conference papers and presentations:
 4th International Conference on ADVANCED CONTROL CIRCUITS AND SYSTEMS (ACCS’015), Luxor, Egypt, 2015.
 18th International Middle East Power Systems Conference (MEPCON), Cairo, 2016
I am experienced and competent in research design, the collection analysis and reporting of primary and secondary data sources. I am experienced in system modelling using Matlab and real-time implementation using DSPACE 1104 and DSPACE 1202.
4- DSpace control desk NG
6- proteus design
Computer skills :
• Microsoft project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and C++ programming.
• Computer maintenance and troubleshooting.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$50||$50|