My teaching methodology is to start with basics to explain the complex problem, present physical meaning of the problem, teach easy ways of solving the problem, give the students practice problems and encourage and motivate them to love the subject.
I am a scientist, PhD in chemistry from University of Calgary. I am also an educator and like to teach students and share as well as exercise my knowledge. I have tutoring experience in different learning centers around the city.
Sep 2013 —April 2019 Doctor of Philosophy at Department of Chemistry,
University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Aug 2008 —May 2013 5 year BS-MS Dual Degree Programme (Major: Chemistry),
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER),
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
1. HQP certificate by NSERC CREATE Carbon Capture Professional Skills Program, 2018
2. MITACS Globalink Research Award, University of Calgary, 2018
3. NOVA Chemicals Graduate Scholarship, University of Calgary, 2018
4. Faculty of Graduate Studies Travel Grant Recipient, University of Calgary, 2017
5. Alberta Innovates Technology Futures (AITF) Scholar, University of Calgary, 2013- 2017
6. Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) Scholar, IISER-Kolkata, India, 2008-2013
7. Summer Research Fellowship Recipient, Humboldt University, Berlin, 2012
8. Summer Research Fellowship Recipient, JNCASR, Bangalore, India, 2011
9. Science Excellence Award Recipient, 9th National Science Olympiad, National Science Foundation (NSF), India, 2007
• Communication skills: Have developed reading, writing and oral skills throughout the doctoral degree. I have written and published four technical papers in peer-reviewed journals and have also written the doctoral thesis. I have developed oral skills by presenting my work (both oral and poster) at international conferences and teaching several undergraduate lab sections as a TA. I have developed interpersonal skills by engaging in interdisciplinary collaborations, mentoring undergraduate students and meeting professionals during internships, conferences and workshops.
• Analytical/Research skills: Have 8 years of hands on experience in laboratory methods and techniques. Have acquired problem-solving skills with the atypical research projects and have learnt to analyze the overall scenario, organize a work plan and come to appropriate solution.
• I am competent at software skills, am a fast learner and always open to learn something new.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$20||Not available||$20|