Lessons are for individuals completing High School and University level courses who are looking to improve their writing and study skills in a variety of subjects.
Teaching techniques include reviewing students' past work, providing writing examples, grading work, thorough written and verbal explanations. I tailor lessons according to each students' needs and learning styles.
I provide editing and writing help with assignments, papers, and final exams.
I have a very flexible schedule and can provide lessons at the students' preferred frequency and duration.
I am a recent graduate from the University of Calgary with a B.A (Hons) in Law and Society.
I have been tutoring for the past year and am currently working with a student to help with English 30 assignments.
I and am looking to help more students with their high school Social Studies, English, French, and Biology classes. I enjoy seeing students improve, succeed in school and feel more confident in their abilities.
LAW AND SOCIETY HONOURS, UNIVERSITY OF CALGARY
GPA 3.5/4.0 Relevant courses: Business Law, Equality Issues, Socio-legal Issues in Contemporary Liberal Societies
Awards: Marguerite P. Bannister Memorial Degree Award, Jason Lang, Undergraduate Scholarship, University of Calgary Entrance Scholarship
CONDUCT MANAGEMENT COMMUNITY ADVISOR, UNIVERSITY OF CALGARY RESIDENCE
OCT 2017 – Dec 2017
- Responsible for handling lower-level conduct cases within the Residence.
- Conduct meetings with students to discuss violations and educate students on Residence Community Standards.
- Decide on appropriate sanction for the student based on the case and prior violations.
PROGRAM AND EVENTS ASSISTANT, STUDENTS’ UNION UNIVERSITY OF CALGARY
AUG 2016 –PRESENT
- Plan and execute successful SU events from September to April targeted at improving connectedness and wellbeing of the campus community. Events include Stress Less Week, the Undergraduate Research Symposium, Frostbite, and the Teaching Excellence Awards.
- Provide administrative support to the Manager, Student Services and Elected Officials, including developing seating arrangements, write and present briefing notes and conduct data entry.
- Manage event budgets and work with a team of 5 to plan and hold SU events.
LIVE IN MONITOR, UNIVERSITY OF BRITISH COLUMBIA CAMPS JUNE 2018 – AUG 2018
- Directly responsible for ensuring smooth and quality delivery of all extracurricular and sightseeing components of the Experience University Life program.
- Ensured health and safety of student campers and supervised meals, free time in residence and all activities.
COMMUNITY ADVISOR, UNIVERSITY OF CALGARY RESIDENCE AUG 2015 – DEC 2017
- Provide paraprofessional advising to 100 undergraduate students by developing immediate rapport to lead into a meaningful relationship with open communication.
• - Execute and enact community programming events to support success in students’ academic, personal and social life and to encourage a connected community.
• - Enforce Community Standards, to ensure a safe, healthy, and inclusive environment for all residents.
RESEARCHER, UNIVERSITY OF CALGARY ANNUAL GIVING OFFICE MARCH 2015- JULY 2015
• - Locate accurate demographic updates for use in the automated Student Calling Program and ensuring maximum productivity and accuracy.
• - Strategically utilized Raiser’s Edge Database to efficiently find updated contact information and called the constituent to update information as needed.
Nicolle is a honest and straight forward teacher who is dedicated to make improvements in a student’s ability to write. As you probably guessed, she is highly recommended for english help as she has an excellent english background.
Nicolle kept me accountable throughout my English 30 course. She was able to explain things to me in a way I understood and helped me with my writing assignments and reading comprehension. Before I started our tutor sessions I had major difficulties in knowing where to start with assignments, and how to form proper paragraphs. I closed out the course with a 87% and there is no doubt that it is greatly due to Nicolle and the tutoring sessions she provided me.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||$110||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||$220||Not available|