My teaching methods are creative, playful, and grounding. My classes are great if you are looking for a way to strengthen the body, while learning to soften the busy mind. You can expect to sweat, stretch, and flow with a deep connection to your breath. My classes are suitable for all levels, and for anyone who has an open mind and is curious to dive deeper into their practice.
Hello there! I am a yoga teacher (300hr RYT), with a background in psychology. I have taught private and small group classes to a variety of students of all skill levels. I believe yoga is for everybody, and can be used as a powerful tool to calm the mind, strengthen the body, and inspire positive growth. Let's flow together :)
24 hour cancellation policy.
• University of Western Ontario: Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology, 2012-2015
• Hari Om Yoga School: Peurto Viejo, Costa Rica - 200HR Hatha/Vinyasa, Yoga Alliance Certified - 2017
• Semperviva Yoga College: Vancouver - 100HR Vinyasa Teacher Training, Yoga Alliance Certified - 2018
KX Yorkville: Personal Training Studio (Toronto, Ontario)
• Specializing in Vinyasa Flow and Hatha Yoga. Guide students through customized yoga sequences, aimed to improve flexibility, mobility and to increase the mind-body connection. Taught private lessons and small group classes.
• Worked closely with our personal trainers and therapists to understand any injuries or other limitations the student is working with. Provided students with take home stretches to alleviate their common pains and to help them reach their mobility goals.
I've known Emma since the first year of University. She is kind-hearted and has a positive attitude. I've had the pleasure of watching her personal yoga practice grow as well as, her skills and abilities as a teacher through private classes with her. Her sequences have an excellent flow from posture to posture. I believe she's a great teacher because of her passion and drive to continue learning about the practice
I came to Emma as a yoga beginner, looking to be able to increase my flexibility and learn the poses so I didn’t feel so self conscious in a bigger class setting.
Emma is patient, so focused and she helped me centre myself and begin to understand how my body can work. As an older person, it can be intimidating to do yoga, but she focuses on lots of stretching, holding poses, and quieting the mind.
I am stronger, more confident, and I have a greater understanding of the yoga practice than I ever imagined. Emma lives and breathes this peace, and I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a great teacher.
Emma has been teaching me one on one yoga for 2 years now. I started as a yoga skeptic but Emma quickly made me realize the physical and psychological benefits that yoga can offer. Starting as a brand new yogi she met me at my level and supported my journey of growth. Emma has a unique sense for movement and a motivational teaching style. She’s able to perceptively diagnose areas for improvement and provide proper direction. I can safely say that my yoga journey has benefited greatly from Emma’s lessons and that I’d recommend her to anyone!
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest hatha lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, flow yoga lessons for all!
Taking vinyasa yoga lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|