Simplify grammar and use questions instead of abstract explanations to become proficient in its use. One on one instruction allows students to progress at their own speed. As a professional writer/journalist writing instruction is assisted by my experience. An easy method to teach grammar was accomplished by simplifying the process, using questions instead of explanations wherever possible. Finding an easy metod to teach grammar was developed since learning it in school was confusing, to say the least.
Senior level journalist with 30 years experience between print and broadcast journalism. Writing credits include trade publications such as Design Engineering and Canadian Machinery and Metalworking, magazines and newspaper. Possess BA and journalism diploma. Business writing includes annual reports, press releases, fact sheets and brief biographies.
Calgary, AB T2A 5G4,Canada
SUMMARY OF • Substantial journalism experience writing for various magazines and QUALIFICATIONS newspapers
CORE COMPENTENCIES: • Critical and analytical thinking skills
• Creative and fruitful
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong interpersonal relationship skills
• Able to build rapport with interviewees
• Self motivated
• Accustomed to taking the initiative
• Innovative and enterprising
EMPLOYMENT Freelance Journalist/Photojournalist ( 2002 to present)
HISTORY: • Sales include: Epoch Times, Design Engineering, Canadian Machinery and Metalworking, Backbone, Insure West, Western People, Business in Calgary et al.
• Regular contributor to Edmonton and Calgary Senior magazines
• Alberta bureau chief, 2001, Silicon Valley North
Prince Albert Daily Herald Senior journalist – Photojournalist
• Shortly after employment commenced researched, interviewed and wrote four-part series concerning the spill of four million litres of “radioactive” water from the Key Lake uranium mine
• Covered all “beats:” civic and school boards, courts, police and correctional systems, agriculture, science and business
• Contributed to special project coverage such as the Prince Albert Annual Exhibition
• Chief photographer when required
• Tutored sales and editorial staff in the principles of photography
• Mentored junior journalists in the art and psychology of interviewing
• Freelance sales: Western People, Alberta Report, Saskatchewan Report, Saskatchewan Teachers Federation, et al.
Nechako Chronicle Editor – Reporter
• Covering or ensuring coverage of two additional communities (Burns Lake and Fort St. James) by hiring, training, mentoring and supervising “stringers,” high school students interested in journalism. Mentored in the art and the psychology of interviewing. Taught techniques for investigative journalism
• Proofreading and copy editing
• Generating story ideas, editorials
• Page design and layout
• “Stringer” for Canadian Press
Sask. Power Corp.
Corporate Communications Assistant (summer student-university -
•Writing articles for in-house publication, profiling employees, research and development efforts
• Liaison with media in addition to monitoring media coverage of the corporation
• Site photography
Wrote speeches for the CEO and deputy premier of Saskatchewan
EDUCATION: BA, Political Science, University of Saskatchewan
Diploma, Journalism Program, Mount Royal College, Calgary, AB
Diploma: Broadcasting Arts, Ron Bailey School of Broadcasting, Portland, OR
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest creative writing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking resume / cover letter writing prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||Not available|