My classes teach the 'why', so students can learn the different ways of the 'how'. I teach the basics of the GUI (Graphical User Interface), and use it as a foundation to Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign and Marketing.
I have been rebranding publications and business for the past 20 years, teaching for the past 14 years. I have a knack for distilling information for faster adult learning. I have several positive reviews on LinkedIn from satisfied past students.
The entire course is 32 hours and can be held in a class setting with 8 students for 4 sessions of 8 hours on Saturdays, or 4 hour sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays for a month.
All for the discounted price of $797
Highly creative Graphic Designer with an extensive knowledge of production and advertising media. Extremely resourceful Creative Director with corporate skills in presentations, negotiations and budgets. Passionate Sub-Editor growing a portfolio with varied demographic appeal. Extremely motivational trainer with proven ability to teach design principles and programs. Insightful analyst of design and program trends, currently learning multimedia skills.
• Graphic Design
• Video Editing
• Pagination/Copy Editing
• Freehand Illustration
• Windows & Mac OS
• Photoshop CS6
• Illustrator CS6
• InDesign CS6
• Premiere Pro CS6
• Quark XPress
• MS Powerpoint
• MS Office
• MS Excel
• Rebranding all elements of two Toronto newspapers, making them 20 percent more successful business to business brands. Establishing high credibility and premium placement, by redesigning the existing layout with a corporate color scheme, masthead, font selection, and photography
• Covering the 5th Annual Summit of the Americas in Port-of-Spain, with heads of state attending like Barack Obama and Hugo Chavez. Covering entertainment and sport events in the Caribbean, Latin America, and North America
• Developing a "Concept to Cropmark" method of providing clients with the best advice, service and cost in the fastest turnover from scratch. Enabling them to achieve their Advertising and Publishing needs at a fraction of their budget and time, without ever leaving their office.
• Organizing events to promote products of clients, such as parties, launches, and conventions.
Ensuring media coverage before and after events, by writing effective media releases
• Teaching Quark Xpress and Adobe programs in Marketing and Magazine Layout classes
BA- Labor and Co-operative Studies, Elective in Mass Communications-Trinidad and Tobago
Creative Director Masti Enterprises/Rogue Artists' Galleria Mississauga/ Trinidad
• Designing and executing style sheets, templates and layout, as well as editing copy, conceptualizing ads and editorial processes, on par with international industry standards. Customizing artwork to clients’ brand requirements and specifications, visual identity, compliance and confidentiality NDIs
• Recreated floor maps, Google maps, Isometric and Orthographic drawings, for event print collateral
• Creating graphs and charts from Excel to Powerpoint presentations, for AGM Financial Reports
• Training staff in the Financial field and students in Graphic Design, Web Design and Adobe Suite
• Designing demographic surveys, marketing materials, campaigns and promotions from scratch
• Negotiating advertiser and vendor contracts as account executive, up-selling ads and artwork
• Creating games and competitions in print, for clients’ campaigns, that shepherded readers to online sources like Facebook and YouTube, producing metrics of likes, hit counts and views
• Rebranding Toronto newspapers: Islanders Hotshots-2009, Business & Construction Times-2010
• Consulted on branded presentation services for HBC, UPS Store, and other major corporations
Graphic Designer The UPS Store Mississauga
• Designing and recreating logos, business cards, newsletters and other media for clients’ needs and briefs, advising formats and layouts that saves money to adequately reach target demographics
• Creating templates and action palettes for faster workflow and customer satisfaction
• Carrying out prepress duties: scanning, digital imaging, adding bleeds, registration and cropmarks, checking proofs, trapping and separations, solving font reflow and embedding issues
• Generating sales leads and maintaining customer relations to create business in off-peak seasons
• Assigning passwords and Legacy File Labelling to protect artwork in-store and uploaded via FTP
Sub-Editor Guardian Newspapers Trinidad
• Implementing modular layout with enhanced readability, setting benchmarks for quality and brand identity within the product as well as all marketing content
• Designing fast paced nightly Lead Page layout (front, back, news, international, features, sports, racing). Creating aesthetic covers, logos, infographics and Ads nightly. Proofreading, editing and writing copy for client and news briefs nightly. Assigning tasks and coaching a diverse team to reach press deadlines, filling in for several roles when needs arise, to ensure deadline accountability
• Working with cultural and business sponsors within the Caribbean Diaspora, to create meaningful advertising and articles for their campaigns, including subliminal content in features and artwork
• Working at the Television station creating promo videos and advertisements for nightly news, and next day’s programming, under tight deadlines, using Powerpoint, Premiere Pro and After Effects
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest photoshop lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, illustrator lessons for all!
Taking indesign lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$50||$40|
|5 hours||Not available||$230||$200|
|10 hours||Not available||$450||$400|