During my tutoring sessions, I usually begin by going through any material or concept a student did not understand from their mathematics class at their day school. After throughly explaining the concept in my own words, I usually like to address any problems or questions a student might have in completing their school homework. If a student has an upcoming test or assessment, I will go through all the concepts which might arise in their test and provide them with additional problems to solve. With any remainder of time, I usually introduce new/upcoming concepts students will encounter at their day school, in attempts to get them ahead of their class. I will also provide them with worksheets of my own with extra problems to solve if they've completed all their schoolwork.
I am currently an architectural science student at Ryerson University. Growing up, I've always excelled in mathematics. I have experience working as an assistant teacher at Spirit of Math (after-school mathematics company) as well as being a former student of the program. Additionally, I also hosted private tutoring sessions weekly for grades 1-6 students at their homes during high school.
Ryerson University, Toronto
Bachelor of Architectural Science; June/2023
Earl Haig Secondary School, Toronto
Ontario Secondary School Diploma; June/2019
Realink Law Receptionist (Summer 2020)
• Routed phone calls, greeted visitors, sorted mail and stocked supplies for the office
• Coordinated with different law clerks of the firm to schedule client appointments
Cakeview Bakery Assistant (2019 - Present)
• Collect payments and record amounts on cashier system
• Add final decorations and finishing touches on a variety of cakes
Mesbur+Smith Architects Co-op Student (Summer 2018)
• Assisted main architects with the creation of blueprints using Autocad software
• Gained in-depth learning on the works of a professional architecture firm
Spirit of Math Assistant Teacher (2017-2019)
• Supervised children ages 7-10
• Answered questions from students and aided teacher with class activities
325 Magazine Editor (September 2020 - Present)
• Generate concepts, themes, graphic ideas for the annual edition of the magazine
• Coordinate with creative director for the layout of drawings and images
Delphian Yearbook Editor in Chief (2017-2019)
• Collaborated with members of staff and students to garner ideas for yearbook pages
• Organized weekly meetings with team members and publisher to discuss yearbook production
Social Committee Graphic Design Lead (2017- 2019)
• Designed social media posts for committee’s Facebook and Instagram accounts
• Collaborated with teachers in planning the annual Semi-Formal Dance for 300 attendees
Pierre Berton Writing Contest Graphic Designer (2017- 2018)
• Worked one on one with head of English department to craft ideas suitable for promotional graphics
• Designed all graphics on promotional posters and anthology of the writing contest
Scotiabank Waterfront Marathon Volunteer (October 2017)
•. Filled and handed water cups to marathon runners
Art Gallery of Ontario Summer Camp Assistant Counselor (Summer 2016)
• Supervised children ages 5 - 13
• Organized appropriate activities for children with other counselors
Claude Watson School for the Arts Teacher Assistant (2018)
•. Organized and graded Grade 4 weekly math quizzes
• Fluent in English, Mandarin, Cantonese; Intermediate in Korean
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Proficient in Adobe Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, Lightroom, Premier Pro
• Competent in the Visual Arts: Illustration, Drawing, Visual Design (posters, graphics, etc.)
• Strong communications skills and time management
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|