My teaching methods would consist of knowledge-based and application-based content, for which students will only get to learn the most important parts of each topic that would be applicable to other subjects/courses and other aspects of their life and/or career goals. Through individual and group-based activities, I will ensure that no student gets left behind when it comes to learning and obtaining the knowledge needed.
I am a current Biotechnology student that has obtained a degree in Health Sciences with a minor in Chemistry. I currently tutor college Math courses for first-year students. Prior to this experience, I have mentored Health Sciences students by talking about what it is like to be a Health Sciences student, how to study for every midterm and exam in every course, and what academic and extra-curricular resources are available.
Students from Grades 2 or lower: Free
Elementary students (Grades 3-8): $7
High school students (Grades 9-12): $10
Post-secondary students: $14-15
*Same rates apply to international students
Mohawk College, Hamilton, ON Sept 2020 – Apr 2023
Biotechnology (Health) - Co-op Specialization
Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, ON Sept 2015 - April 2019
Bachelor of Science, Honours Health Science
Customer Assistant July 2019 - May 2020
Tepperman’s Furniture Store, Ancaster, ON
• Delivered friendly, courteous and exceptional personalized customer service
• Ensured that all point of sale and payment processes are handled accurately and efficiently
• Promoted and sold the company's payment protection products and other services, and educated customers with policies and restrictions of the products and the company
• Identified customer related problems and business process improvements
• Handled customer calls in a fast, efficient and professional manner, ensuring they are directed to the appropriate person/department successfully
• Filed and organized invoices/credit applications promptly and accurately
• Managed efficient cash register operations, including scanning items, processing payments and issuing receipts
General Manager – Laurier Research Center for Women in Science Sept 2018 – Apr 2019
Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, ON
• Aided with the Research and Program Coordinator in performing administrative duties such as scheduling and facilitating bi-weekly student meetings, making campus room bookings, ordering food catering for the meetings and maintaining professional communications with the WinS general members
• Co-created summaries of research papers pertaining to women and gender equality in the science, technology, engineering and mathematics fields
• Created and managed the organization’s social media accounts
• Maintained a running list of active general members that attend the meetings, ensuring that their role is recognized under the Laurier Experience Record (formerly the Co-Curricular Record)
Research Assistant – Health Sciences Department (Volunteer) Sept 2017 – Aug 2018
Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, ON
• Recorded harmful events that take place regarding substance/drug use and abuse while watching episodes of A&E’s Intervention
• De-coded harm reduction strategies and possible interventions that could take in place of the harmful events committed by the substance/drug abusers
• Displayed that the greater number of harmful events identified will predict a shorter period relapse through various quantitative and qualitative data collection methods
Student Volunteer Dec 2012-Dec 2020
St. Joseph’s Healthcare (Charlton Campus), Hamilton, ON
• Assisted visitors and patients with way-finding throughout the hospital; provided training to new and incoming volunteers
• Delivered water to the patients
• Communicate and provide assistance with patients from different units of the hospital
• Escorted patients to and from the front lobby to and from the hemodialysis unit
• Provided training to new and incoming volunteers
Unfiltered Facts Youth Group (Volunteer) May 2016 - Dec 2020
Hamilton Public Health Services, Hamilton, ON
• Work with youth engagement leaders and adult allies to plan, implement and evaluate health promotion and advocacy activities targeting youth in elementary and high schools throughout Hamilton
• Promote “unfiltered” facts about the tobacco industries and other industries that have influenced young children into starting smoking at a tender age
• Develop and deliver messages and campaigns that focus on tobacco control, to youth and the community in an attempt to de-normalize tobacco use in Hamilton.
• WLU Faculty of Science Students’ Association Research Scholarship Oct 2017
• Wilfrid Laurier University Women’s Squash Sept 2017 – April 2019
• WLU Women’s Athletic Association – General Member Sept 2015 – April 2019
Perfect! Rahma has patience with Cait. She offers to write out rules so that Cait will have them to help her. Rahma is very well mannered and beautiful young lady. I would recommend her to anyone who is looking for a tutor. Thank you
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$15||$15|