My teaching methods are very flexible, I usually start by going over math problems the student had difficulties with. By working our way through the exercises I'll go back to the topics the student had a hard time with and reviewing those with them. If I notice that there is a particular subject that the student still doesn't grasp I'll focus the main part of the lesson there, working with them until they understand. During the lesson I usually leave a portion of time for them to work on math problems I've suggested in order to strengthen their abilities and confidence. The goal is that they develop more and more independence while working on the exercises, and require less help from me when completing the problems.
I am a Business student currently studying at Mcgill. For the past two years I've been tutoring CEGEP students with difficulties in Algebra, offering them personalized lessons that fit their individual style of learning. I'm also comfortable with a host of other subjects like statistics, trigonometry, etc.
Fall 2018 – Present
McGill University, Desautels Faculty of Management – Bachelor of Commerce, Montreal, Canada
Major in Managing for Sustainability
Collège Jean-de-Brébeuf, Montreal, Canada Fall 2016 – Spring 2018
Arts, Letters and Communication – Graphic Design
Honor Roll Student for best R Score in the program
Collège de Montreal, Montreal, Canada Fall 2012 – Spring 2016
International Exchange to Italy (Fall 2015)
Winner of the Louis Riel Award for the best grades in Social Sciences
Centre d’aide en Mathématique du Collège Jean-de-Brébeuf, Montreal, Canada Fall 2017 – Present
• Taught and supported students with difficulties in CEGEP level math classes weekly; improving students overall score by a minimum of 5%
• Personalizes each tutoring lesson to fit different student’s style of learning, taught two calculus courses and tutored over 10 students each with different levels of needs and difficulties
LEADERSHIP AND EXTRACURRICULAR
The Arts, Letters and Communication Program’s Publicity Agency, Montreal, Canada Fall 2016 – Spring 2018
Responsible for creating promotional content
• Created posters and flyers to promote the school’s Arts, Letters and Communications program. The posters are still used at the school’s open house events
Café du Monde – CÉGEP Committee Fall 2017 – Spring 2018
• Advocated for fair trade practices, and worked with the committee towards offering students more sustainable food options
• Created promotional content for different events organized during the year
Cheerleading Fall 2016 – Spring 2017
• Competed in the CÉGEP cheerleading team and participated in a number of regional competitions
Swimming Fall 2009 – Spring 2015
• Competed in high-level national competitions, with 20+ hours of training per week, in a performance oriented and challenging environment
• Swam and trained alongside some of the country’s top Olympic swimmers
SKILLS AND INTERESTS
Interests: Baking, Photography, Fashion, Design, Yoga
Language Skills: Fluent English and French, Advanced in Italian
Computer Skills: Excel, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, InDesign, After Effects, Animate
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$20|