* My classes are based on the COMMUNICATIVE APPROACH. In other words, learning a second language demands use of ORAL EXPRESSION SKILLS mostly, and this is the FOCUS OF MY LESSONS.
* Nevertheless, the other skills (reading, writing and listening) are also developed during classes.
* WRITING and READING are usually assigned as homework activities in order to take advantage of the time in class to speak.
* BOOKS and SUPPLEMENTARY MATERIALS are provided by the teacher. You DO NOT NEED TO BUY anything.
* Classes are taught in a VERY EXTROVERT and FUN way, yet PROFESSIONAL. My goal is to make students feel comfortable and free to express themselves.
* All materials are PREPARED TO MEET STUDENTS’ NEEDS.
*** HOW ABOUT BOOKING A FIRST, FREE LESSON TO GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER? ***
* I am a Certified TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) Teacher (University of Arizona - USA).
* I have been studying English since I was 9 and teaching English to kids, teenagers and adults since 2005.
* I taught in Brazil, Egypt and Canada, in internationally-recognized schools.
* I have taken IELTS for General Training and Academic as well as FCE Cambridge.
* In my last IELTS, I got a band 8 in Academic (level C1).
* In 2006, I started my university Program in Biological Sciences, which was concluded in 2009.
* In 2010, I started my Master’s Degree in Cell and Molecular Biology, concluding it in 2012.
* In 2017, I started a program in Special Needs Support and Educational Assistant at Niagara College Canada, concluding it in 2019.
* B.Sc. In Biological Sciences (with a Teaching Degree - 2006 to 2009)
* M.Sc. in Cell and Molecular Biology (2010 to 2012)
* College Diploma in Educational Assistant/Special Needs Support (2017 to 2019)
* IELTS (Academic) Certificate - Band 8
* IELTS (General Training) Certificate - Band 7
* Cambridge First Certificate - Level B2A
* TESOL Certification (150h)
* IELTS Certification
* Fifteen years teaching in internationally-recognized private schools
* Four years teaching online
Gustavo is a teacher who manages to be super professional while being friendly and fun. The classes, aimed at the goals I seek in my career, are taken from conversations, exercises and challenges. For me - even though I already knew English and opted to have a teacher to improve the language - it was essential to know Gustavo. I recommend him to all my friends and I would like to recommend him to those who need to improve English somehow.
I highly recommend Gustavo Igansi to you. As the Operations Manager of EduNaissance International Inc. (ENII), I have had the pleasure of working with Gustavo for one year.
He is a driven, organized teacher who develops inspiring relationships with his students. Gustavo has always been driven to develop his skills as a teacher. He came to us a student teacher, eagerly taking up extra responsibilities such as advisor of the summer camp.
He continued to contribute this effort through his work at our learning centre. Gustavo embraces any opportunity for professional development, which makes him the most welcomed teacher.
Gustavo has an excellent rapport with the kids here. His ability to connect with his students and his talent at teaching simple concepts, as well as more advanced topics, are both truly superior.
He also shows his excellent written and verbal communication skills with both parents and teachers. Gustavo accomplishes all these tasks with considerable initiative and with a positive attitude. I recommend Gustavo to you without reservation.
As his vice-principal, I had the pleasure to work with Gustavo for 12 years. Gustavo is a great, enthusiastic teacher! He is attentive and understanding. He listens to his students and helps them with their particular needs. During the time he worked with us, he was very organized and dedicated, going beyond the ordinary to provide students with awesome lessons! Gustavo’s methodology and teaching techniques were exceptional and much appreciated by students. They could easily learn from him and parents were very satisfied. I recommend Gustavo without any reservations due to the fact that he is a very professional yet personal teacher.
He's been my teacher for a long time, my first class with him was in my high school. The commitment he has to my development is different, his teaching facilitates my learning a lot. I always recommend him.
Gustavo and I worked together at a Language School in Rio Grande do Sul/Brazil for 7 years. He is a very enthusiastic teacher (the happiest one on Saturday mornings!). He loves teaching, he is creative and dedicated to his tasks. At this specific school, learners had a final project to develop before graduation which usually envolved acting and filming. His students always delivered great work with his help and guidance. Take a chance! You will surely enjoy his classes.
Excellent teacher, always very excited and attentive with his students, awesome friend inside and outside the classroom. Missing his classes here in Brazil.
He is an amazing teacher with a great connection with his students. He always brings enthusiasm to the class and makes everything easier to understand. I used to love his classes here in Brazil.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$250|