I first gauge how much the student knows and where exactly the student needs help. After I have a fair understanding of the students position, I base my class on their needs. I encourage more of a discussion based class.
I am an undergraduate student pursuing a computer science specialist and math major. I have a stellar record in those subjects from high school up to now. I have previously taught high school students math, computer science, physics and chemistry.
Free cancellation up to 48 hours before scheduled class.
R.N.PODAR SCHOOL, MUMBAI, INDIA
Central Board for Secondary Education (CBSE), May 2017
• Graduated with an overall 93% (95% in Computer Science, Math and Physics)
• Top 1/8th of all passed candidates (top 12.5% out of 11,86,306)
UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO, TORONTO, ONTARIO, CANADA
Candidate for Computer Science Specialist and Math Major, Expected Graduation: May 2022
• Completed first year with a GPA of 3.88 (2018-2019)
• At least A grade in all Math courses
• At least A- grade in all Computer Science courses
Program in Algortihmic and Combinational Thinking (PACT) New Jersey, USA
Participant and Teaching Assistant June 2019 – August 2019
• Part of the advanced PACT group of 20 students from around the world hosted by the Center for Computational Intractability at Princeton University, partly funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF)
• The advanced program focuses on randomized algorithms, with lectures held by Dr. Rajiv Gandhi
• Teaching assistant/mentor for the basic PACT group of 100 students for topics in discrete mathematics
Iyengar Yoga Mumbai, India
Yoga Instructor May 2009 - Ongoing
• Certified yoga assistant after having passed with distinction, five levels of the certification course conducted by The Ramamani Iyengar Memorial Yoga Institute
• Assist teachers in adult classes thrice a week
• Conduct yoga classes for children (under the age of 18) twice a week
Shishuvan School Mumbai, India
Volunteer May 2015 – October 2018
• Taught high school students mathematics, physics and chemistry
• Led the planning and organization of an inter school cultural event hosting 19 schools
• Went on educational field visits as an adult volunteer with grade 4 and grade 8 students
OTHER ACTIVITIES & INTERESTS
Scuba Diving Pondicherry, India
Temple Adventures June 2017
• Licensed for open water and advanced open water diving by Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI)
• Learned the art of underwater diving and sustenance in the Indian ocean
Basketball Mumbai, India
2012 – Ongoing
• Starting point guard for the state of Maharashtra at the ASISC All India National Championship, 2014-15
• Played for three local clubs – Wellingdon YMCA, Savio Club and Indian Gymkhana
Languages: English, Hindi, Gujarati, Kutchi, Marathi
Technical Skills: Proficient in Python, Java, C++, Dr Racket, LaTeX and Microsoft Office.
I've known Hriday since the first week of university. Being enrolled in many mathematics courses together, he always helped me with understanding the course content. I know for a fact he has tutored students before, and I definitely could tell from the way he was able to introduce completely foreign material to me. I highly recommend him as a tutor because of his ability to engage the student into understanding the course.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking logic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||$68||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||$116||$200|