Tutors with an average rating of 5.0 stars and more than 315 reviews.
23 $ /h
Great prices: 95% of tutors offer their first class for free and the average lesson cost is $23/hr
Fast as lightning! Our math tutors usually respond in under 2 hours
Consult teacher profiles freely and contact the tutor that fits your needs (prices, qualifications, reviews, home or online lessons)
Exchange with your teacher, explain your needs and discuss availabilities. Schedule your lessons and pay them securely, all from your inbox
The incredible Student Pass gives you unlimited access to all tutors, coaches, and masterclasses. Discover new passions with fabulous people.
The average rate of maths lessons in Toronto is £23.
Prices will differ depending on:
97% of our private tutors offer the 1st hour of the lesson free. Check out the prices of our maths private tutors near you.
2515 tutors are available to teach maths lessons in Toronto and the surrounding areas.
You can check out their cv and pick the maths teacher that corresponds to your needs.
Choose your maths course from our range of more than 2515 teachers.
From a sample of 315 ratings, pupils gave their maths teachers an average of 5.0 out of five.
A customer relationship manager from the Superprof team will be available to find a solution (by telephone or e-mail all week) if you have any queries about your lessons.
Mathematics is one of the most difficult subjects in school. Many children struggle with maths throughout the school year, whether at primary level, secondary or higher. This is why maths tuition is so highly sought after.
With the help of a private maths tutor many students are able to overcome their fear of maths.
All maths lessons with a competent teacher offer you the possibility to master the different mathematical concepts more efficiently.
You simply just have to choose your tutor and book your maths classes from home or take online classes
A messaging system is in place to allow you to get in contact with your teacher to schedule your maths classes whether you want to learn from the comfort of your home or at an outside location.
Make use of our search engine to find your maths teacher from among 2515 maths teachers in Toronto.
Check out our talented Math tutors!
If you're struggling with understanding mathematical concepts, you’re not alone! Many elementary, high school and university students (even those who choose to continue to pursue the study of math) find themselves lost with their math homework. If numbers aren’t your strong suit, and you’re finding yourself panicking through practice problems, it's time to look into getting yourself a math tutor in Toronto.
Right now in Toronto, you have access to tons of experienced and highly-rated math tutors right at your fingertips with Superprof! Available either in-person or online, a tutor can give you one-on-one guidance on all your math problems and questions. With the help of a dedicated tutor to walk you through your math homework at your own pace, your math course doesn’t have to ruin your GPA–or frankly your life.
Most high schools typically follow this math course order:
1. Algebra 1 – Deals with solving, writing, and graphing linear equations for real numbers, quadratic equations, functions and polynomials.
2. Geometry – Teaches things like constructions, formulas for measurement, and formal proofs.
3. Algebra 2 – Continues the concepts taught in algebra 1, with a more in-depth study of graphing and solving equations, inequalities, and functions.
4. Trigonometry (Usually taught during algebra 2, geometry, or pre-calculus) – Takes algebra and geometry skills to circular and periodic functions.
5. Pre-Calculus – Teaches things like series, sequences, probability, statistics, limits, and derivatives.
6. Calculus – Continues the concepts taught in pre-calculus, with more of an emphasis on integration and differentiation.
While this is the most common order, some schools differ. It’s also common for teachers to teach algebra 1 and 2 back-to-back then move on to geometry, and some students take pre-algebra or a similar course if they need to strengthen their math skills before taking algebra 1.
As you might have guessed based on the order of teaching above, algebra I is the best and most important course for your math career. Algebra skills are the foundational skills of future math courses. In Calculus, most problems still have several steps of Algebra. Thus your success in math in the long haul hinges on your understanding of algebra.
The most important algebraic math formulas to know for are the ones for slope, slope-intercept form, midpoint, and the ever-famous quadratic formula.
The common math course order also builds up to the hardest course for most students: calculus, which addresses more challenging and advanced concepts.
-Essential for careers in the hard sciences
-A prerequisite for top-tier colleges
While you might think math class online could be easier to pass, it’s just as hard, if not harder than in-person classes. Like any other online course, you need to be committed, make time in your schedule, and take advantage of the resources available to you.
-Convenient – you can work from anywhere you want
-More Freedom & Flexibility – depending on the class you can pick and choose the time that works in your schedule
-Don’t have the same facetime relationship with your teacher
-It’s often motivating to have a set class time
-It can be beneficial to be in an environment with fellow students
Yes, mathematics is a good career, with numerous, well-paying opportunities available.
Due to the growing importance placed on technology and big data,most organizations have an increasing need for mathematicians. To be exact, the US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2028, the job market for mathematicians is expected to grow by 30%.
Common mathematics careers include:
In the general sense, you can become certified in mathematics by completing a math certification program of degree.
If you're interested in teaching math, there are more standardized certifications you’ll need to acquire. Before this, you will need to have already completed a bachelor's degree and be a certified teacher. Certification programs usually prepare aspiring teachers to work with specific grade levels, and a math certification may focus on elementary, middle or high school teaching.
At Superprof, you can find hundreds of Toronto math tutors, each rated and reviewed by their past students. With Superprof online math courses, you’ll get:
1. One-On-One Learning: In a typical school class, it’s often scary to put your hand up and ask questions. But if you don’t ask questions when you don’t understand, you run the risk of falling behind. Plus, it’s an unfortunate reality that teachers just don’t have enough time to ensure that every single one of their students understands each concept. With a private tutor, you get a more personalized teaching experience where you can walk through problems at your own independent pace. You only move onto the next problem once you completely understand.
2. Sessions Catered to You: Are you a visual learner? Auditory learner? Whatever your preferred learning style, a private tutor can cater their lessons to your unique needs where a teacher teaching a classroom of students cannot. Superprof tutors have experience working closely with many students over the years and can truly find the best way to help you learn.
3. Support & Accountability: Having another human to hold you accountable is huge. If you just don’t feel like doing your homework, you’ll be a lot less likely to cancel if you already have a lesson with your private tutor scheduled.
When you're trying to get better at math on your own and just can't grasp it, getting help will make a world of difference. And since math concepts build on one another, it’s essential to make sure you understand things at the beginning or it will only get worse.
Don’t wait until the course progresses to even harder material, be proactive and find your local Toronto math tutor today!