With beginners I work with most of the main stream method books: Faber & Faber, A Dozen Day, Flash Cards; I complement the repertoire with traditional piano repertoire adjusted to the level of the student. I work with complementary material and exercises and adapt them to the cognitive level of the student. I also have a lot of experience teaching high level performers.
I am moving with my family to Virginia. I work currently as piano teacher and piano accompanist at Indiana University and DePauw University. I have 20 years experience playing the piano with orchestras and teaching music. I do accept students with special needs, including Autism, Asperger, ODD, ADHD, Dispraxia, and motor challenges as well.
Masters in Music– Indiana University Jacobs School of Music 2013-2015
• Major: Piano Performance
• Outside Area: Coral Conducting and Orchestral Score Reading
• Piano instructor: Arnaldo Cohen
Performer Diploma – Indiana University Jacobs School of Music 2011-2013
• Major: Piano Performance – classes in Music History, Piano Accompaniment, Body Alignment, Vocal Technique, Chamber Music, Dance; Jazz with David Baker.
• Piano Instructors: Arnaldo Cohen and Jean-Louis Haguenauer
Bachelor in Music - University of São Paulo (Brazil) 2005-2010
• Major: Piano Performance – Piano Instructors: Eduardo Monteiro and Luciana Sayuri Shimabuco
Music Conservatory – Fundação das Artes de São Caetano do Sul 1994-2004
• Classes were divided into categories: Piano, Rhythm, Harmony, Counterpoint, History, Sight Singing, Choir, Chamber Music, Music History.
• Piano Instructors: Marisa Rosana Lacorte, Alexandre Zamith, Rogerio Zaghi, Luciana Sayuri Shimabuco
Piano Faculty - Young Pianists Program, Jacobs School of Music, Indiana University. 2014-2019
Coordinator Dr. Karen Taylor. Teaching students 4 -18 years old; responsible for all students with Asperger Syndrome, Autism, ADHD, ODD, Dyspraxia or undiagnosed special need.
Music Staff – DePauw University, Part Time Piano Accompanist, Greencastle, IN. 2015-2019
Coordanator: Dr. Amanda Hopson.
Piano Faculty – Music on the Square – Greencastle, IN. 2018-2019
Pianist – Bloomington Symphony Orchestra – Bloomington, IN. 2017-2018
Practicing Counselor - Indiana University Summer Piano Academy, Jacobs School of Music 2014-2018
1st and 2nd Indiana University Tanguero Summer Workshop for Musicians
Organizer, Piano Teacher and Tango Quartet in Residence 2014-2015
Piano Accompanist and Choir Conductor –Projeto Guri; Sao Paulo, Brazil. 2009-2010
Biggest music project for underprivileged students ages 8-18 in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Production Coordinator - Chamber Music Serie at Fundacao Maria Luiza and Oscar Americano (Museum in Sao Paulo, Brazil 2008-2010
Piano Accompanist - International Music Festival of Londrina, Parana, Brazil. 2007
Music Teacher - Estacao Especial da Lapa 2006-2007
This institution’s work is focused on any individual with special needs, independently of age. Mostly underprivileged and very poor. O though music performance and theory to hundreds of students with a myriad of special needs.
• ‘Working Title’ – A XX Century violin and piano collection of Sonatas from Argentine, Chile and Colombia; with Violinist Madalin Parnas. Label Acqua Records (Naxos Direct). Expected release 2018.
• La Marca de Fuego. Traditional Argentinean Tango with group Quarteto Tanguero. Released in 2015.
• Danza del Parque de Las Acacias. A Collection of Solo Piano Music from Mexico and Brazil.
Label IU-Music. Released 2013.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest piano lessons to help you.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|