My teaching method is highly based on personalized learning. I focus on the strengths of my students and I base my teaching on their learning abilities, as I believe that each student is unique. My classroom also follows game based learning, as it's statistically proven to enhance learning and student engagement.
I am an Economics Graduate From McGill University, I work in the field of Finance and I have a passion for teaching and for practicing languages. I have been teaching languages for over 4 years and I would like to continue helping students during their learning journey.
Please cancel 24 hrs in advance.
Finance & Economics specialist, with experience in consulting, financial forecasting & capital markets operations. I have a passion for teaching, and I am constantly looking for new students to teach and assist. I am always eager to learn and take on new challenges and I look forward to new opportunities that help develop my skillset.
Bachelor’s Degree in Economics & International Development 2016-2020
McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Languages: Fluent in English and Arabic - Intermediate in French
Software: Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, SAP Business Objects, Salesforce, Office Connect
Trading Platforms: Calypso, Bloomberg, MYSIS, Fxall, Swift Alliance, Intell-match
Primary & Middle School Private Tutor (Age 5-12 years old) 2018-2020
• Languages English, ESL, Arabic
• History, Geography, Ethics, Math and Science
University Private Tutor
• Intermediate Micro & Macroeconomics, Social Entrepreneurship, Business Law 2018-2020
McGill Research & Teaching Assistant- History Department Jan.2017- May2017
• Conducted literature review, quantitative & qualitative research on “the Sites of Sanctuary.”
• Collected, reviewed, filtered data and created summary reports
CONSULTING & BANKING EXPERIENCE
Asset Liability Management Treasury Analyst Sep.2020-Present
BNP Paribas, Montreal, QC, Canada
• Work diligently with team-mates to provide the best support & services for our stakeholders
• Process corporate term deposits & interbank loans, initiated by treasury within the US and Canada branches
• Pledge of securities to the Federal Reserves, the States & The Bank of Canada
• Process Interest Rates Swaps, stocks, warrant & equity activities
• Trouble shoot & investigate daily cash break reports & affirm compliance with audit controls
Senior Associate FX/MM Capital Markets Payments May 2019-Aug. 2020
Bank of Montreal (BMO), Montreal, QC, Canada
• Suggested business tools that helped the team transition to a 100% paperless environment
• Increased the efficiency & speed of our operations by improving the accounting auditing process
• Provided technical support for the whole team, when required, especially during remote work
• Monitored all money market trades booked for Financial Institutions investing with BMO
• Worked diligently with BMO Cash Management by investigating LIBOR loan discrepancies
• Checked broken, maturing and new LIBOR loans using SAP Business Objects
• Confirmed settlement instructions for FX deals with counter parties via BMO’s trade platforms
• Investigated unmatched deals being traded on platforms such as Bloomberg, FXALL & MYSIS
• Adjusted entries to zero balance GLs & keyed data for MM& FX accounting, using IBUK & CBDS
• Created Debit/credit customer accounts as per internal branch requests
Consultant - Financial Distribution Services May 2018- Jan. 2019
International Air Transport Association (IATA), Montreal, QC, Canada
• Consulted clients about IATA services that fit clients’ business model
• Conducted sales and revenue analysis using Excel: pivot tables, macros, filtering, sorting
• Created credit and debit memos, adjusted amounts on prepayment advice on SAP
• Created and retrieved invoices, changed billing documents, changed sales order on SAP
• Contributed to building sales pipeline by liaising with airlines & placing sales orders via SAP & Salesforce
• Collaborated with the selling of products and services like the IATA Suite of Tax Products & Mileage Manual
• Performed market Research on industry trends& Data Analysis on potential clients to expand their target markets
Business Consultant Summer 2017
American Express Business to Business Services, (AMEX), London, ON, Canada
• Calculated interest rate charges and provided consultation on how to avoid interet to business owners
• Provided financial consultation to help clients purchase products that fit their business needs
• Offered business solutions to clients by understanding their complaints and critiquing solutions
• Attracted potential business owners by promoting American Express Business Services
• Recorded the highest sales score, during the month of July by selling 25 Business cards
Team Leader Sep. 2019-Jan.2020
McGill University Advancement- Montreal, QC, Canada
• Managed & supervised 25 callers as they fundraised for McGill’s greatest needs
• Demonstrated strong leadership skills by maintaining a growth mindset, while mentoring callers
• Trained newly hired student callers on fundraising strategies
• Evaluated callers based on their pitch, performance and annual fundraising statistics
• Provided constructive feedback to callers and created a motivating work place
• Calculated hourly fundraising goals, caller participation & annual targets using Excel formulas & McGill database
Career Leadership Program Coordinator 2017-2018
Career Planning Services (CaPS)-Montreal, QC, Canada
• Oversaw & managed over 20 volunteers, hosted training sessions, & organized their work schedule
• Delivered workshops on CV review, LinkedIn profile, Public Speaking for over 40 students
• Conducted outreach events targeting a large variety of student groups and departments
• Coordinated events to promote CaPS services to different clubs & associations at McGill University
Aya is a great teacher. I have learnt a lot from her. She could identify my weaknesses, and I have improved on them so far. I enjoy every class with her. I recommend taking lessons with her.
Knowledgeable and well versed, composed and punctual teacher.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest ESL lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$35||$35|
|5 hours||Not available||$23||$175|
|10 hours||Not available||$20||$350|