My Teaching methods are to engage all the students and work around each child's learning ability. Adapt myself by managing as much help for anyone who needs it. I also want to take my knowledge from my own ideas and contexts to use with the various students and subjects.
I have an undergraduate degree in Child Studies, and am an educational support learning to help provide extra help for students. I am training to become an Elementary School Teacher. I want to help provide assistance to those who need it.
Seeking a position where my skills and educational background can help the organization meet their values and objectives
• Goal Oriented
• Time Management
• Team player
• Good listening
Carleton University Sept, 2015 – Aug, 2020
B.A Childhood and Youth Studies, Minor Women and Gender Studies
Theoretical and practical studies in Pedagogy within an interdisciplinary approach focusing on the attention to a critical intersectional discipline on the rights of children and youth. Collecting research and analyzing the data which spans both epistemologies and various methodologies, helping expand the growth of academia today.
Astolot Educational Centre Oct. 2020 – Present
• Working one-on-one with students
• Floating around the classroom assisting extra help for those who need it
• Forming implementations and methods into the classroom for individual students
City of Ottawa Dec, 2019 – Mar, 2020
• Coordinated schedules for all age groups
• Built strong leadership roles with the children
• Managed after school activities while maintained effective management for the program
• Coordinated and communicated between staff on scheduling tasks/activities within the schedule
Old Ottawa South Community Association (OSCA) Jan, 2016 – Dec, 2019
After Four/ Summer Camp counsellor
• Coordinated schedules and logistics for youth activities
• Organized and communicated day to day activities to participants and organization
• Liaising with parents and children for the communication of program plans
• Built strong relationships with children and team members for the effective management of youth programs
• Managed leadership roles to assure successful program completion throughout both the school and summer semesters
Carleton University Aug, 2016–Sept, 2017
• Assisted first year students in registering for FROSH at Carleton University
• Distributed and organized Carleton University merchandise for FROSH participants
• Provided guidance and recommended schedules based off FROSH groups
Ottawa Carleton District School Board Sept, 2019 – April, 2020
Teacher Assistant Volunteer
• Volunteered in a classroom to gain firsthand experience as a teacher within the Ottawa Carleton District School Board (OCDSB)
• Assisted students with assignments, marking evaluation pieces, and lecturing a class
• Built strong connections with students and teaching them to become independent academics
Asian Canadian Association Carleton (ACAC) Sept, 2016 – April, 2017
• Attended events in support of the club;
• Organized logistics in regard to meetings held with the executive team;
• Coordinated and hosted events in promoting awareness within the Asian Canadian Culture;
Half the Sky Organization June, 2015- July, 2015
• Assisted with volunteers to aid a care facility in China
• Held care facility activities (read stories, organized games, provide nutrition, and build relationships with children)
Best Buddies Canada, Glebe Collegiate Inst. Sept, 2014 – June, 2015
• Organized events and programmed with the Director in helping match students with other students (buddies) for the participation of school events
Carleton Master Swim Team Sept, 2018- Dec, 2018
Carleton Varsity Swim Team Sept. 2017- June 2018
• First aid/AED and CPR
• Bronze Medallion and Bronze Cross
• National Life Saving (NLS)
• CORE training
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$20|