My teaching methods are based off of the Ontario Curriculum. Since I have teaching experience I know and understand where students should be based on their grade level. Using a variety of approaches helps students to understand their strengths and weaknesses and I am here to help better your child in any subject or subjects they need assistance with.
I am a Grade 4 and 5 teacher at a private school in Toronto. I have taught and tutored students from Kindergarten to Grade 8 in a variety of subjects. I have been teaching and tutoring for 2 years. I attended Teachers College at Queen's University for Primary and Junior.
Cornerstone Montessori Prep School 2017-Present
Grade 4/5 Teacher
• Teaching students in Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, English and Christian Education.
• Creating lessons and units based on the Ontario Curriculum documents using a variety of teaching and learning strategies that best fit my students.
• Building a positive classroom environment and community where students have many opportunities to succeed.
• Forming strong relationships with colleagues, students and parents.
Catholic District School Board Eastern Ontario 2017
• Teaching a variety of subjects to students from Primary, Junior, Intermediate and Senior grade levels.
• Educating, building confidence, giving positive feedback, establishing clear expectations and building strong relationships with students on a daily basis.
• Posing keen sensitivity to students with special needs and to students from a variety of cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
• Building relationships with students, parents, Educational Assistants, Teachers and Principals through daily interactions.
St. Joseph Catholic School – Toledo, ON 2014-2015
• Educated and cared for youth while creating positive relations with all students and personnel.
• Helped and challenged students with disabilities individually through personalized lessons and tutoring techniques.
• Coached and led students entering in hockey, baseball, and volleyball tournaments. Implemented innovative team-building exercises for players to create a positive learning atmosphere.
• Focused on increasing self-confidence and teamwork by creating an environment where all students felt they could contribute at their best.
St. Joseph Catholic School – Toledo, ON 2014- 2017
St. James the Greater Catholic School – Smiths Falls, ON
Holy Name of Mary Catholic School- Almonte, ON
Tutor in the Classroom
• Utilized my passion for teaching to prepare individualized lesson plans for struggling students.
• Assisted small groups of youth by providing exciting group activities and new learning opportunities.
• Disciplined students when needed by teaching important values.
• Junior boys High School Volleyball Coach at St. John’s Catholic High School (2016).
• U16 Pegasus Boys Volleyball Assistant Coach (2016).
• Junior and Senior Elementary Hockey at St. Joseph’s Catholic School (2015).
• Senior Boys Volleyball at St. Joseph’s Catholic School (2014).
• Senior Boys Basketball at St. Joseph’s Catholic School (2014).
Queen’s University 2015 – 2016 Bachelor of Education, Primary-Junior
University of Ottawa 2009 - 2013 Honours Bachelor of Arts in Geography, Minor in Sociology
Trent University 2016
AQ Intermediate Health and Physical Education
AQ Special Education: Part 1 2018
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest geometry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, statistics lessons for all!
Taking other sciences lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|