I believe any student who has the desire to learn can excel in Math, Physics, and Chemistry!
I start by explaining the basic concepts in each chapter with multiple examples. I give rules, steps, and methods to help solve questions which I have developed through my experience as a tutor. After this, I give students handouts to give them a lot of practice. I ensure each and every type of question is tackled. Once the textbook and the handouts are completed, I help build my students confidence by setting small quizzes and tests for them!
As an Engineer, I believe having a technical and analytical bent of mind helps me ensure that my students can tap their inner brilliance!
I have tutored over 30 students of different age groups from K-12. I offer in-home lessons to all my students and make sure each one of them has my undivided attention during his session. I have a proven record of ensuring a perceptible increase in grades within 1 month of tutoring!
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Electronics & Communication Engineer
Electronics and Communication Engineering Graduate specializing in Power Electronics with several years of work experience. Analytical and detail-oriented with a demonstrated history of innovation, creative problem solving, teamwork, communication skills and delivering outstanding results in deadline-driven, fast-paced environments. Self-motivated with the ability to multitask, prioritize and adapt.
Areas of Expertise
• Power Electronics Converter Design • Renewable Energy Technology • Software Testing Methodologies
• Agile Software Development • Digital Marketing • Content Writing
• Mobile Communication Technology • Website Development • Power Systems
Circuit simulation in PSIM, Power system design in PSCAD, PCB design in Altium, Power System Simulator for Engineering (PSS/E), Computer Aided Protection Engineering (CAPE), C, C++, Java, Python, MATLAB, MS Office Suite
Education & Certification
Masters of Applied Science in Power Electronics | York University, Toronto Sept 2016 – April 2018
• Full scholarship for the duration of the program.
• Specialized in high frequency power converters, LED driver technology, resonant converters, wind technology, solar power technology, hydropower technology, power factor correction and power systems.
Capstone Project in Power Systems | Lassonde School of Engineering, York University, Toronto Sept 2016 – April 2017
• Devised Droop Controller for distributed generation systems connected to microgrids.
Bachelor of Technology in Electronics & Communication Engineering | Punjabi University, India Aug 2012 – Aug 2016
• Developed a strong technical background in electronics and communication engineering concepts and graduated Cum Laude.
• Post-Harvest Loss Prevention, University of Illinois, Coursera
• Theory and Design of Organic Photovoltaic, Technical University of Denmark, Coursera
• Macroeconomics, University of California, Irvine, Coursera
• Web Development using Joomla and web templates, Koenig Solutions, New Delhi, India
• Diploma in French, Alliance Francaise, India
Private Tutor, Toronto July 2017 – Present
• Successfully completed over 500 hours of teaching.
• Taught over 30 students.
• Ensured a perceptible improvement in confidence levels and grades.
Lassonde School of Engineering, York University, Toronto Jan 2016 – May 2016
• Devised two-stage DC/AC micro-inverter system for photovoltaic panels for residential applications as Research Assistant the field of Power Electronics under the supervision of Dr. John Lam.
• Successfully achieved maximum power point tracking for different solar irradiation values maintaining constant output AC level.
ENVIRONMENT IMPACT ANALYST
Zamindara Farm Solutions, India Aug 2015 – Sept 2016
• Increased awareness and visibility by redesigning the website and handling existing social media accounts.
• Launched highly successful video campaign against rice straw burning, which received government and media attention.
• Designed and developed a need-based business model for custom hiring services of agricultural equipment and consultancy services.
RESEARCH ASSISTANT e-Power Laboratory, Queen’s University, Kingston June 2014 – Jul 2014
• Worked under supervision of Dr. Praveen Jain (IEEE Fellow, Recipient of IEEE Canada P.Ziogas Electric Power Medal)
• Devised a LED driver circuit and achieved high switching speed.
R&D SPECIALIST Essen Deinki, India May 2013 – Sept 2017
• Contributed to the company’s product line by working in the R&D team, which introduced LV/MV Switchboard Panels.
• Gained unparalleled hands-on experience in research and development of micro switches, precision limit switches, LED module pilot lights, push button switches, and SMPS.
GRADUATE STUDENT REPRESENTATIVE
Planning Academic Resources & Research (PARR) Committee, York University, Toronto Sept 2017 - Present
• Amended space planning mandate to provide adequate space for graduate students and negotiated policies related to Research Boost Priority Initiative and Space Planning Principles, Prioritization, and Process Guidelines.
• Effectively developed research units and scholarship funds by coordinating cross-faculty academic and research partnerships.
TEACHING ASSISTANT York University, Toronto Sept 2016 – Present
• Developed and updated teaching aids to enhance the learning experience of a large group of students.
• Facilitated labs and actively advised and assisted students as they conducted their experimental work.
• Coordinated grading allotment to teaching assistants.
WEBMASTER Emajjin Children’s Foundation, Toronto
Sept 2016 – Present
• Boosted ticket sales for charity’s annual gala by proactively building the website and increasing presence on social media platforms.
• Applied expertise and experience in digital marketing strategies.
DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATION Engineers without Borders, Toronto Professional Chapter, Toronto
Jan 2016 – May 2017
• Organized and promoted fund raising events for numerous events by working closely with the executive board.
• Designed new website and coordinated activities on social media platforms to increase outreach and presence.
• Promoted within 3 months of recruitment for outstanding marketing and communication skills.
• Unicef, York University, Toronto Sept 2017 – Present
• Karuna Sadan, India Aug 2014
• Mobile crèche, India Dec 2013 – Jan 2014
• Aruna Asaf Ali, India May 2013
• Coveda, India July 2013
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|