I approach a subject by breaking it down into smaller pieces so that the student and I will be able to focus on each task individually. This enables the final product to be academically successful.
I am one season away from graduating with a BA in English. Previously, I have tutored children by assisting them with their early literacy skills and have provided essay help for high school aged students.
Seeking a rewarding position that requires a dedicated, accommodating personality that strives to exceed all expectations in a professional manner.
Highlights of Qualifications
• Over eight years of remarkable customer service experience.
• Experience in both paid and unpaid childcare.
• Worked with children by improving their early literacy skills.
• Obtained a trainer position at Pandora that consisted leading, training, encouraging other associates.
• Strong in areas pertaining to problem solving, listening, communication, responsibility, and interpersonal skills.
• Skillful in adapting to new tasks efficiently and correctly.
• Able to work professionally in a group setting as well as independently.
• Computer experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet and cash register.
• Graduated high school at St. Jean de Bre Beuf, Vaughan, Ontario 2013
• Currently in final year of completing an Honors BA in English at York University, Toronto, Ontario
• Planning to attend York University’s Faculty of Education program.
Sales Associate Pandora, Vaughan, Ontario 2017
• Assisted customers on a personal one to one level, listening to their needs, and helping them choose jewelry pieces that are sentimental.
• Obtained trainer position that consisted of training other associates on new products, customer service and selling skills as well as ensuring that weekly goals are met.
• Able to offer friendly customer service in a fast paced environment. Ex: Kept customers entertained in lineups.
• Congratulated for being a top seller on many occasions.
• Organized and replenished stock.
• Worked over night shifts for inventory purposes.
• Experienced in handling large amounts of cash.
• Maintained cleanliness. Ex: Mopping, windexing, tidying products.
Sales Associate La Senza, Vaughan, Ontario 2014
• Assisted customers in acquiring all of their needs.
• Organized and replenished stock according to size and color.
• Worked overnights preparing for visual changes.
• Stationed in the fitting room and enabled a personal shopping experience with customers regarding measurements and fittings.
• Operated cash register completing quick, efficient and friendly transactions with customers.
• Maintained cleanliness during opening and closing shifts.
Tutor Oxford Learning Centre, Vaughan, Ontario 2014
• Improved the academic literacy skills of students through reading and writing.
• Able to work personally on a one on one level with students as well as in a group setting.
• Conducted and organized a schedule of activities.
• Taught early literacy with the use of games and work booklets.
• Maintained cleanliness in the classroom.
Sales Associate Calendar Club, Vaughan, Ontario 2012
• Participated in the grand opening of seasonal store and took part in constructing shelves and putting out merchandise.
• Responsible for receiving stock, merchandizing, and customer service.
• Operated cash register and assisted in cash closing.
• Responded to the needs of customers for product inquiries.
Sales Associate Hallmark, Vaughan, Ontario 2010
• Strong team player and portrayed a friendly, outgoing attitude in the store.
• Welcomed and invited customers into the store during highest selling points (Christmas, Valentines Day, Mothers Day).
• Operated cash register.
Child Caregiver Volunteer, Kortright Centre, Vaughan, Ontario 2016
• Assisted special needs children with outdoor learning and fun activities.
• Assisted camp instructors with summer camp duties such as helping with games, entertaining children, and responding to needs of the camp counselors.
• Prioritized the safety of children during nature walks, excursions from the camp.
• Set up an outdoor building into an art station for children to use during the summer.
Child Caregiver Volunteer, Bondlake Public School, Richmond Hill, Ontario 2016
• Worked with children independently in their early literacy skills through reading, writing, and encouraging them to sound out words.
• Assisted the teachers with gym class by encouraging children to play.
• Assisted with arts and craft activities as well as helped clean up the classroom.
Catechism Teacher St. Padre Pio Church, Vaughan, Ontario 2016
• Created structured units and lesson plans educating children about the Christian faith.
• Presented information to students via power point with the assistance of other catechism teachers.
• Answered all questions asked by students.
• Marked weekly reflections completed by students.
Receptionist Yoga Loft, Vaughan, Ontario 2014
• Checked customers into classes.
• Informed customers about information such as class prices, upcoming events or promotions.
• Prepared the studio prior to classes and tidied it afterward.
• Addressed questions and concerns both over the phone and in person.
• Completed cash register transactions.
• Closed cash register and locked up the studio.
Child Caregiver Volunteer Thistledown Community Centre, Toronto, Ontario 2013
• Assisted instructors in responding to instructions and needs.
• Setting up snack table for parents during talent show.
• Occupied children with quiet activities and maintained a behaved group.
Feeding the Homeless Volunteer Toronto, Ontario 2012
• Traveled downtown handing out bagged lunches and winter gloves to homeless individuals.
• Helped prepare bagged lunches.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$25|