My teaching methods are formulated upon two criteria: critical thinking and fun learning. In my lessons, I bring material to my students that enforces their learning as well as constantly checking in and working on current school material that they may find challenging. Rather than spoon-feeding information to them, I allow my students to acquire long-lasting skills on their own accord and I am simply there to guide and nurture them in the right direction. Personally, I am a strong believer in the idea that children truly learn only when they are self-interested and self-invested in the material they are learning. To facilitate this type of learning, I try to produce a fun, interesting environment for my students to learn in so the skills they acquire and the information they learn will be carried with them easily.
I am a Kinesiology student at the University of British Columbia and have gone through the entire British Columbia School System from Kindergarten all the way through to grade 12. I have been tutoring English (and some Math) for 3 years now, with kids ranging from 4 all the way to 14 years of age.
ANGUS CHAN 2449 Duthie Avenue
Solid track record of fostering trust with team members and developing strong relationships. Strengths organization, time management, and communicating with others. Patient, cooperative, and empathetic. Looking to gain experience in medicine.
English and Math Tutor | Eye Level Learning Centre
JUNE 2017 – PRESENT
• Facilitate English and Math enrichment for children ages 6 – 12, provides an enhanced learning experience through a safe work environment.
• Apply conflict resolutions by diffusing problems quickly and effectively.
• Help children develop independence, explore preferences and engage in diverse social interactions.
Pharmacy Technician-in-Training | Shoppers Drug Mart
JUNE & JULY 2017
• Provides customer service to collaborate and efficiently cooperate with others and resolve challenging situations.
• Identifying customer needs and responding in a timely manner.
• Retrieved and assembled proper prescribed medication for patients.
• Restocked shelves and ensured that everything was in order.
Playground Facilitator| Burnaby Parks and Recreation
2012 - 2014
• Led various hands-on activities and assisted children of all ages.
• Presented instruction and ensured everyone was having fun.
Undergraduate | UBC Kinesiology
SEP 2017 – PRESENT
Honours Program | Burnaby North Secondary School
SEP 2012 – JUNE 2017
INTERESTS & SKILLS
• Well-versed in Piano, Cello & Saxophone
• Hockey, Taekwondo & Ultimate
• Fluent in English, Cantonese & Mandarin
Junior & Senior Ultimate Team - Member Feb 2015 - May 2017
BNS Tutoring/Mentorship Program - Tutor Nov 2016 - April 2017
Ultipros Ultimate Academy - Coach Oct 2016 – Mar 2017
BNS Vikings School Store - Staff Sep 2016 - June 2017
Vanstring Chamber Group - Orchestra Performer April 2015 – Aug 2017
BNS Summit Business Program - Member Oct 2013 - June 2017
Available Upon Request
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literacy lessons for all!
Taking phonetics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$37||$32|