I like to make learning fun and challenging! Written and conversational English lessons about everyday life are practical and effective.
I am a former Peace Corps volunteer with 150 hours TESL training. I've been tutoring for more than 20 years.
JOY MORRIS | EDUCATOR
P.O. Box 1212 Matteson, IL 60443, USA
Phone: 1-(concealed information)
Email: (concealed information)
Accomplished English Language and Literature Educator with 20 + years of experience with children in grades K-12, both in school settings and as a homeschool administrator and teacher. ESL Educator with experience in the United States and Overseas, providing ESL classroom lessons, tutoring and conversational practice for students of all ages. TESOL Certified (150 hours) as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Ethiopia. Additional skills include Newborn Care Specialist and Office Coordinator. United States Citizen.
BA English Literature, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL - 1994
TOESL Certification 150 hours with cultural sensitivity training, Peace Corps, Awassa, Ethiopia - 1995
English as a Second Language Teacher
Joy of Language, Founder and Teacher - Matteson, IL
January 2008 to Present
• Founded company to provide ESL tutoring and conversation practice for students of all ages and ethnicities.
• Designed foreign language instructional materials for French and Amharic languages to successfully fulfill
local and state language curricular scope.
• Teach full English course curriculum as well as individual topics or conversation-only options.
• Implement creative lesson planning and exciting scenarios to keep students interested and advancing.
• Certified with 150 hours of TOESL training.
Newborn Care Specialist
Bliss Newborn Care - Chicago, IL
January 2012 to Present
• Educate and support parents.
• Help set up the family for success of a smooth transition during the newborn stage.
• Trouble shoot potential issues of concern and offer professional options to resolve them.
• Assist mother with facilitation of nursing and other feeding concerns.
• Soothe babies using skilled and proven techniques to help calm newborns.
• Maintain a thorough log of eating, sleeping and behavioral patterns.
JOY MORRIS | EDUCATOR
Real Estate Appraisal Office Coordinator
Jason A. Morris Appraisal, Inc. - Matteson, IL
January 2004 to Present
• Duties include office organization, billing and client coordination along with input of appraisal data
and report completion.
Morris Homeschool - Matteson, IL
May 1997 to Present
• Curriculum and Activity planning and implementation for my seven children ages 1-18 years.
• Examples of Curriculum planning and implementation include: mathematics principles, literature studies,
historical perspectives, science and technology advancement, health and culinary studies.
• Examples of Activity planning and implementation include: sport participation, hands-on art projects,
music instruction, left brain strengthening exercises, weekly zoo visits, yoga practice and gardening.
• Designed foreign language instructional materials for French and Amharic and American Sign languages
to successfully fulfill local and state language curricular scope.
U.S. Census Bureau - Matteson, IL
January 2009 to April 2009
• Training and oversight of 15-20 enumerators as they interacted with Respondents.
• Followed procedures and met goals and deadlines as set forth by U.S. Census Bureau.
• Was an effective leader who met goals and deadlines.
Substitute Teacher K-12
Chicago Public Schools - Chicago, IL
September 1994 to September 1998
• Taught classroom lessons in place of regular teacher.
• Substitute positions were for a duration of between 1 and 90 days.
• Previously held K-12 substitute certification.
Peace Corps Volunteer
US Peace Corps - Addis Ababa
June 1995 to October 1996
• Taught ESL English as a Second Language to 7th and 11th grade students in a village in Ethiopia.
• Started a very well received English Club of more than 200 students.
• Began a village Women's Cooperative Growing program for income stimulation.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$33|