My classes are student-centered and activity based in which the learner gets to participate actively through different worksheets, quizzes and vocabulary speaking sessions. The methodology is largely practical and designed for adult language/IELTS learners so that the students can achieve their target band score.
I am an IELTS and English teacher with a TESOL Certificate from University of Toronto. I have taught IELTS and ESL at various colleges and high schools in Canada for over 5 years and helped many students get admissions in their dream colleges and universities as well as their PR by getting a great band score in IELTS.
• Freelance IELTS Instructor
• ESL Instructor at Ontario International College, Toronto
• ESL & ENG3U instructor at Amberson High School
• OCT Certified & OCELT (TESOL Certification from University of Toronto, Woodsworth College)
• Professional with a Master’s degree in Education with more than 4 years of related experience
• Proficient in using tools and technology for teaching
- OCT Certification 2018
- (OCELT) TESOL (with honors) - Woodsworth College, University of Toronto 2018
- Master of Education (with honors) - Central Institute of Education, University of Delhi 2011
-Bachelor of Education (With honors) - Gargi College, University of Delhi 2009
Freelance IELTS Instructor [November 2015- Present]
• Taught IELTS Academic and GT module to more than 70 students and helped them secure their target
• Conducted speaking and writing mock tests and provided appropriate feedback to them in terms of
grammar, vocabulary, sentence structure, spelling, essay structure, idiomatic language and other
aspects of writing and speaking.
• Facilitated students through various listening and reading mock tests by teaching them appropriate
ESL Teacher, Ontario International College, Toronto [July 2019 – September 2019]
• Administer academic and language assessments for the purpose of evaluating student progress for
meeting academic learning targets and progress in language acquisition
• Teach listening, speaking, reading, writing and grammar and develop assessments for same.
• Maintain a clear record of student assessments to facilitate their language learning
• Adapt curriculum to provide individual, small group, and/or remedial instruction as to meet the needs
of individual students and subgroups of students
ESL Teacher, Amberson High School, Toronto [March 2019- June 2019]
• Plan, prepare, and teach well developed lessons which enthuse and inspire students, and promote
enjoyment of learning.
• Assess, track, and provide relevant and timely feedback on achievement (performance and growth)
and developmental needs to students, academic, and other managers/colleagues.
• Design, administer, and evaluate a range of formative and summative assessments as appropriate.
ESL Instructor, Upper Madison College, Toronto, ON [April 2018- January 2019]
• Plan, organize, and provide instructions in English according to the level of learners
• Develop and deliver lesson plans that utilize a broad range of appropriate teaching techniques and
strategies by making effective use of technology.
• Address all aspects of communication through appropriate instruction that develops each student’s
ability to read, write, speak, and listen in the appropriate content area
High School English & IELTS Instructor, Disha, New Delhi, India [July 2015-November 2016]
• Demonstrated methodology to faculty through mock lessons and skills workshops
• Taught IELTS Writing and Speaking modules
English Teacher, The Heritage School, New Delhi [July 2011- May 2014]
• Created positive experiences in the classroom, encouraging relationship building and teamwork
• Developed lesson plans for English keeping in mind the individual learning levels of children
ESL Instructor, TCDSB, Toronto, ON [October 2017-April 2018]
Volunteer, TOSCON18, Toronto, ON [May 2018]
Perfect! Awesome teacher. Got my required IELTS band score (8777) just after a few classes. Her tips and tricks really do wonders.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, writing comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking listening comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$40|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$200|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$400|