Emily is a dynamic and approachable teacher with a special knack with children and building a comfortable relationship. She believes in building well-rounded musicality to set the student up for various musical endeavor in the future. Her lessons focus on classical piano, supplemented with pop, jazz, and duets.
* Ages range from childhood to adulthood (5 years old and beyond)
* Customizes lesson plan to match the student's goals- intensive or for leisure
* Specializes in RCM examination preparation
* Daytime or evening lessons- a good option for homeschooled students
* Teaches primarily in English, with bilingual fluency in Mandarin
Music and piano have been a constant love and passion for Emily. Besides piano, she also enjoys the flute, bassoon, percussion, and voice. It was her consistent training in classical piano that switched on her musicality light bulb. To her, piano studies shape one’s character, pave the way to other instruments, and provide a great way to relax!
Under the instruction of inspiring teachers, including Mr. Edward Parker, Emily earned the ARCT Teacher’s Diploma with the Royal Conservatory of Music in 2010. In the past 8+ years, she has taught, children, teenagers, young adults, and seniors, all with different reasons for learning piano. Students who train intensively with her have achieved high marks of 90+ in RCM exams.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$45||Not available||$45|