I approach teaching as I do everything - with a healthy dose of humour and relatability. It is not easy to learn a new skill or to reach out for help to improve. I bring empathy, patience and understanding to all my classes and seek to make lessons 'real-world' applicable; if you can't apply skills in everyday life, where can you use them?
I am an HR executive with a background in Liberal Arts from Middlebury College in Vermont where I studied languages and international studies. My passion is in teaching and helping others improve their writing and expression skills. My strengths are in proper grammar and vocabulary.
McGill University of Continuing Studies Montreal, QC Graduate Certificate in Human Relations (January 2019 ongoing)
Middlebury College Middlebury, VT • Bachelor of Arts, English and International Studies Minor in French, May 2012
• GPA: 3.51; Dean’s list 6 semesters
• Language Skills: Bilingual French and English
• Athletics: Women’s Varsity Swimming four years, Women’s Swim Team Captain 2011-12
Université de Paris: La Sorbonne (Fall 2011) Paris, France • Cultural immersion program with coursework in business, literature, translation and language.
lululemon Montreal, QC Employee Relations Support Partner (Oct 2018-Present)
• Focus on employee relations issues, investigations, trend analysis and proactive training
Store Manager (March 2014-Present)
• Responsible for the management and activities of all aspects of store operations & people management • Hiring, developing, managing, motivating and training of staff including talent acquisition and employee relations
• Inventory management, product sell-through, floor management, guest experience
• Payroll, cash administration, responsible for quarterly and yearly profit statements and contribution
OgilvyAction Quebec Montreal, QC Junior Account Executive (February 2013-Present)
• Responsible for coordination of input between client and Agency, including day-to-day management of timelines and project statuses
• Played a supporting role in all facets of campaign deployment; from brand development and creative planning to briefing and executing deployment objectives
• Maintained accurate reference documentation for internal management
• Worked closely with creative teams, copywriters, printers & suppliers to ensure successful deployment of campaigns
Radio Marketing Solutions Montreal, QC Marketing Consultant/Community Manager (May 2012-February 2013)
• Responsible for the direct selling of radio advertising to local retailers and regional advertisers • Prospecting new clients, establishing Customer Needs Analysis, liaison between client and agency
Boom! Marketing Montreal/Toronto/Quebec City Brand Ambassador (May 2011-Present)
• Promotional representative for experiential marketing company working with major clients such as: Montreal NASCAR, Subway, Sour Puss, Dr. Pepper, PlayStation, The Glenlivet
Carol Weston New York City, NY
Publishing Intern (Winter 2011)
• Proof-read manuscripts, providing marketing and promotional ideas and administration
Montreal Institute of Swimming Montreal, QC Administrative Assistant, Instructor (2009–2011)
• Administered $8,500 in new membership fees by personal recruitment.
• Taught children and adults ages 1-65 basic swimming and lifesaving skills.
Winston Churchill Pub Complex, Bourbon Street West, Cheers Montreal, QC Bartender (May-Sept 2008-2011)
• Provided enthusiastic and efficient service to patrons at three of Montreal’s most popular bars.
Volunteer Work: Meals on Wheels, Sarah Cook Foundation, Splash N’ Dash Marathon, Dans La Rue Activities: Crossfit, Olympic Weightlifting, Varsity Swimming, A Cappella, Theater Performance, Tutor, CPR Certified.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest ESL lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$20|