My teaching method is always adapted to my students needs. In my first session, I like to learn about my students' backgrounds and learning styles. After the student and I collaboratively come up with a learning style that best suits them, we complete priority assignments and then, I assign them areas to practice for the following session based off their performance that day. The idea of this method is that the student has a personal goal to accomplish for each session that will improve their overall comprehesion and performance while maximizing the time in each session since we will not need to spend excessive time studying what they have already studied and can focus at the task at hand.
In the university, I majored in Spanish with an emphasis on Spanish Grammar, Oral Communication and Spanish-Latin American Literature. During my time, I receieved the highest grade in every class while tutoring students from beginner-level Spanish to Advanced Conversational Spanish. I also studied abroad for 5 months in Costa Rica, where I lived with a host family and studied at a Costa Rican university.
If the student does not cancel within 24 hours of the scheduled session, I will charge them 50% of the session. For example, if the session cost $20 and is for an hour and the student cancels less than 24 hours before the session. They will be charged $10. This policy is set in place because canceling short notice hinders me from scheduling other clients.
MOREHOUSE COLLEGE, Atlanta, GA May 2017
A.B. in Spanish with Highest Distinctions, Summa Cum Laude Cumulative GPA: 3.9/4.0
Honor Societies: Phi Beta Kappa, Sigma Delta Pi National Hispanic Honor Society
Distinctions: Milwaukee Fellow, full-ride scholarship; Dean’s List
Courses: Calculus I, Argumentation & Debate, Intermediate Japanese
LA UNIVERSIDAD VERITAS, San José, Costa Rica Fall 2015
Certificate of Completion, American Institute for Foreign Studies Cumulative GPA: 3.8/4.0
Courses: Human Rights in Latin America, Spanish for Business, Latin American Dialects
JET Programme, Sendai, Japan July 2017-July 2018
Assistant Language Teacher
• Collaborate with 11 English Teachers in Sendai Board of Education to plan English lessons that will improve the ability to read, write and comprehend English for Japanese students in the public schools by Japanese English testing standards.
• Co-teach and lead English language and cultural lessons for 24 classes (approximately 30 students per classroom) in 1 middle school and 2 elementary schools to heighten students’ interest in foreign culture and their ability to use English daily.
FULTON COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY OFFICE, Atlanta, Georgia Sep 2016 – Dec 2016
• Assisted district attorneys with preparing for 20+ cases in the Violent Offenders Division by interviewing key witnesses & reviewing evidence before trials.
• Conducted legal research on case law & the Federal Rules of Evidence for 10+ prosecutorial attorneys to strengthen court arguments and to determine admissible evidence for trials.
Huffington Post, Atlanta, Georgia 2015 – 2017
Freelance Writer, College Blog
• Wrote a series of blogs aimed towards 2000+ college students and many readers of Huffington Post’s college section.
• Composed content related to traveling, diversity and self-help advice that reached on average 200+ viewers per post.
LEADERSHIP & AFFILIATIONS
MOREHOUSE COLLEGE SPANISH CLUB, Atlanta, Georgia Jan 2016 – May 2017
• Planned & led campus-wide events & activities for over 78 students in our organization, wherein students intensively practice Spanish to improve students’ overall mastery of Spanish & their confidence with speaking it in a public setting.
• Organized and hosted 4 workshops per semester on global awareness & Latin American culture to enhance students’ cultural sensitivity & global awareness while in the U.S. or abroad.
LA UNIVERSIDAD VERITAS, San José, Costa Rica Aug 2015 – Dec 2015
• Taught English in the extensive English program at Veritas University in Costa Rica to 4 non-native English speakers to help them gain the comprehensive & conversational skills necessary to use in both professional & casual settings.
• Prepared 4 hours-worth of class material per week for 3 months to help students improve their mastery of English from an intermediate level to advanced, conversational English.
Other Affiliations: Morehouse College Honors Program, Morehouse College Debate
SKILLS & HOBBIES
Computer: Proficient in all Microsoft applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project & Publisher).
Languages: Languages: English (Native), Spanish (Fluent), Japanese (Intermediate).
Interests: Latin dancing, slam poetry, traveling, learning foreign languages.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - spanish lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$26|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$131|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$261|