My teaching methods are based on case to case however, a typical class with me is as follows; I start the class of with 15 - 20 minutes of personal questions based on the last lesson, homework or any other questions. My student and I would then dive into the next lesson in great depth using an integrated approach through notes, demonstations, examples and practice problems. The lesson would go on for 30-45 minutes, after which the for the next 10 minutes I assign "class work" that the student does in front of me so that I know they are on the right track. The student would then go away with atleast 10 homework question to be completed by the next class. This is just a standard layout which is subject to change depending on the student.
I am an integrated science student at the University of Western Ontario. I have been tutoring senior high school students for the past three years in areas such as Chemistry, Biology, Advanced Functions and Calculus. Apart from private tutoring, I have also been a peer mentor at my school for struggling junior students who need mentorship and a right path to follow.
The rates above are subject to change based upon the student's need, academic level and grade. There is a travelling cost of $5 which is also subject to change if I have to travel farther away. Please contact for specific cases.
Rick Hansen Secondary School (RHSS) Sept. 2014 – June 2018
• Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
• Completed Grade 11 and 12 Science and Math Courses (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Math)
o Thorough experience in Scientific labs and research within the Ontario Curriculum
University of Western Ontario Starting Sept. 2018
• Enrolled in Integrated Science with an Honours Specialization in Human Biology
Work and Educational Experience
Private Tutor for Highschool Science and Math Dec. 2016 – May 2018
• Tutored senior high school students in areas such as Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Math
Community Involvement and Leadership
President and Founder of RHSS HOSA Team Sept. 2017 – June 2018
• Global program to educate youth about the variety of professions in healthcare through competitions and activities
• Competed in the National HOSA Competition in March 2018
• Lead a team of 45 students and gained local recognition
President of Mississauga Junior Civitan Sept. 2016 – May 2018
• A division of the Canadian organization of Junior Civitan to encourage community awareness and betterment within youth
• Held and organized various food drives, charities and events to encourage awareness of issues
• Lead a team of 36 students from around Mississauga
Lieutenant Governor Junior Civitan Canada District Sept. 2017 – May 2018
• Main communications representative from the main Canadian Junior Civitan Branch
• Contacted all the Junior Civitan Organizations in Canada on a monthly basis for updates, issues and/or concerns
• Contacted Junior Civitan International for funding and monthly reports
Spirit Minister RHSS Student Activity Council June 2016- June 2017
• Led and organized various events within the school to increase school spirit
• Contacted organizations like the Canadian Blood Health Services for coordination and sponsorship
Public Relations Coordinator for RHSS Athletic Council June 2016- June 2017
• Organized athletic events and games throughout the year
• Contacted school admin, sport companies etc. for event coordination
Awards and Achievements
University of Western Ontario Merit Scholarship Recipient May 2018
Rick Hansen SS STORM Award June 2018
Ontario Scholar Recipient June 2018
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest chemistry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, other sciences lessons for all!
Taking organic chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|