Anything you learn needs to be exciting and applicable. Using the French language to describe things that matter to you right now is paramount. I believe in physical learning, for example, if you are learning about different directions, (gauche, droite, etc) actually standing up and turning or walking as the words indicate helps ingrain the language into the body and mind.
A balanced approach using 5 main methods.
1. Grammar study
3. Listening (comprehension)
All are needed to master a language, I believe.
I am a musical theatre student who put his studies on hold to give two years of voluntary service in France and francophone Belgium. I was fully immersed in the language and culture, I had thousands of hours of direct contact with native speakers from several different regions (those different accents can be tricky). I love the language, the culture, the people. I still have many friends and contacts in France and Belgium.
Travel free depends on distance traveled. Anywhere between $5.00 - $20.00.
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, France, Belgium (May 2017 – May 2019)
• Thousands of hours of direct contact with native French speakers
• Cooperated and counseled with people from a wide variety of cultural backgrounds
Actor and/or Musician
Hale Centre Theatre, West Valley, Utah (July 2015 – December 2016)
LDS Film Studios, Provo, Utah (August 2015)
Theatre Calgary, Calgary, Alberta (May – August 2014)
Carriage House Theatre, Cardston, Alberta (May 2012 – August 2013)
• Played to audiences of up to 700 in a variety of theatres
• Cooperated with many different personalities in both leading and supporting roles
• Composed and performed original stylized music on guitar and accordion
Voiceover Artist (October 2013 – May 2014)
Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
• Collaborated with writer and sound engineer to achieve desired tone and originality in recordings for two different BYU performing groups
Mad Science Instructor (October 2013 – May 2014)
Mad Science of Southern Alberta, Calgary, Alberta
• Balanced entertainment, education, large crowds of children, and audience participation in hour-long solo performances and workshops
Performer, Marketing and Advertising Team (May 2012 – August 2013)
Carriage House Theatre, Cardston, Alberta
• Co-designed the promotional brochure and program for the summer theatre season
• Directly approached local businesses and sold advertisement space in theatre program
Lifeguard, Swim Instructor (May 2011 – August 2011)
Trico Centre, Calgary Alberta
• Maintained a safe and secure pool environment by enforcing facility rules
• Quickly and effectively responded to several critical emergencies
• Interacted politely with irate, injured, and/or disobedient patrons
Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah (Sept 2014 – December 2016)
BFA in Music Dance Theatre (3.83 GPA)
• Awarded BYU academic scholarship, and MDT talent-based scholarship
• Performed in three major university productions while full-time student
Red Deer College, Red Deer, Alberta (September 2011 – April 2013)
Theatre Performance and Creation Diploma (3.79 GPA)
• Awarded Jason Lang Academic Scholarship
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|