I love to work with students and find the best method for their needs. My teaching methods include focusing on what students feel they struggle with, structuring lessons towards their learning styles, and working towards building more confidence for the student.
I am completing an undergraduate degree in Education at U of C. I am looking to gain more experience and insight into the educational fields while applying my current knowledge. I have 2 years of experience with tutoring, and many years of experience in childcare. I also have personal experience with the Alberta curriculum. Motivated to create impactful, supportive relationships with students according to their personalities. Areas of proficiency include the ability to learn concepts quickly and adapt to various learning styles.
If travel is further than 15 km, additional $5 for travel is required.
• Energetic and organized
• Creative, flexible, lesson plans
• Promoting a positive atmosphere
• Listening skills
• Interactive teaching
• Artistic background
• First Aid/CPR certification
Town of Okotoks
Day Camp Leader June 2015 – 2017
• Organize activities that help physical, emotional and social growth.
• Care for children in an engaging and energetic environment.
• Ensure inclusivity for all participants.
• Encouraged curiosity and exploration with age-appropriate activities.
• Clearly communicate to children in a developmentally appropriate way.
Babysitter 2013 – present
• Employ a variety of materials for children to explore and manipulate in activities and imaginative play.
• Care for children.
• Create a trusting relationship with children, allow them to express themselves.
• Maintain a developmentally appropriate environment.
Tutor Doctor, & Tutor Buddy
Tutor (K-10) 2017 – present
• Organize one on one-lesson plans to aid students in difficult subject areas.
• Find creative and engaging ways to communicate material.
• Be attentive to the students and adapt to their learning styles.
• Subject areas include language arts, math, science, and social studies.
• Help student build confidence in their own abilities.
• Independently organize tutoring schedules and coordinate times with students.
University of Calgary
Undergraduate completion by April 2020
B.Ed. Concurrent Education: Education and Sociology
• Currently completing a double major in Education (early childhood education) and Sociology (concentration in family, gender, and work).
• Coursework in education examines the Alberta curriculum for elementary school (K-6).
Town of Okotoks during special events
2013 – 2016
• Helping with organization of event
• Interacting with people in attendance
• Helping in executing the event and activities
Volunteering with Tutor Buddy at Tsuu T'ina Nation Reserve
• Help students on reserve with difficult concepts and assignments.
• Devise lesson plans on the spot.
• Patience and understanding with students.
• Help students gain confidence in their abilities.
• Assist with various subject areas, regardless of specializations.
• Please contact for this
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||Not available|