My teaching methods are simple. I like to approach to the subject from very basic and also ask my students if they have any doubts from the topic. I like to explain things with examples which you can remember to create a picture of the topic in your mind.
I am a PhD student in Ottawa. I have 4 years of hand on training in clinical and biological research sciences, over two year of experience as teaching assistant and a Master's degree from USA. I enjoy sharing my knowledge and discuss new ideas in field of Research and technology.
Four years of experience in analyzing assays in molecular physiology and biochemistry. Drafting technical and research documents for study design, REB and other administrative tasks in a clinical unit. Experienced in patient recruitment, database management, literature search as well as overall laboratory function and maintenance. Proficient in spoken and written Hindi, English and Punjabi. Seeks to improve the scientific community by performing accurate research and complying with all the lab safety protocols and standards.
SKILLS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
• Proficient in RT PCR gene expression assay, electrophoresis, western blotting, Image-J, SDS-PAGE RNA/DNA/cDNA isolation and characterization, ELISA.
• Nucleic Acid and Protein analysis assays in burn muscle, fat, saliva and blood samples for over 200 research study samples.
• Prepared samples and calculated amino acid profile for whole body protein turnover for GCMS, IRMS analysis.
• Tissue culture work- cell line HEK 293, sub culturing, freezing, thawing, counting and passaging cell lines.
• Assisted in preparing documentation for grants, manuscript and new Lab protocols.
• Presented experimental data from healthy vs burn study in weekly meetings and suggested modification or amendments to the project proceedings.
• Troubleshot with established lab procedures with lab personnel and trained new hires.
• Trained medical students, post docs and research staff in established lab procedures.
• Trained in lab safety (HCA, GLP, Human subject research, informed consent, FDA, HIPAA and Bio Safety Level-2)
• Lab Audits- successfully prepared the lab for yearly EHS audits.
• Assisted in budget and financial cost preparation and analysis for yearly salaries, contracts, supplies and travel expenses.
• Equipment maintenance-negotiated yearly contracts and quotes to reduce the cost of supplies by 10%. Ordered timely PMs for repairs.
• Introduced better system in tracking Inventory for lab supplies to save 20% cost on supplies.
• MS office, Tableau, People Soft (financials)
• Exceptional communication skills-Liaise with nurses, doctors and research staff on metabolic study protocols requirements
• Graduate University experience-Plasmid isolation, cloning in bacterial and yeast expression systems, corral stress response project.
• Pharmaceutical Quality testing control experience.
Master of Science: Biotechnology (Certified by WES Canada: 3075492), 2013
University of Houston at Clear Lake- Houston, TX, USA
Bachelors of Technology: Biotechnology (with Honours), 2010
Ambala College of Engineering and Applied Research- Kurukshetra, HR, India.
Research Associate, 05/2014-4/2018
University of Texas Medical Branch- Galveston (UTMB), TX. UTMB is an academic health center with 11,000 employees and the oldest medical school in Texas. It provide training to health care workforce; helping make it a leader in advancing the understanding and treatment of illness and injury.
• Conducted data and molecular analysis (PCR (thermal cycler), cDNA preparation, gene analysis and DNA/RNA/protein isolation and quantification) of human tissue specimens (Muscle, fat and blood) collected.
• Immunohistochemistry- Antibody characterization and optimization, specimen processing including grossing, blocking and cutting.
• Time to time presented with data in research meetings with clinical fellows and doctors and PIs.
• Assisted in revision and submitting supporting documentation for new manuscript and grant submissions as required by project PI.
• Maintained the study database for different study protocols includes demographics and general clinical data.
• Consented patients for studies and created patient database for clinical studies.
• Assisted in revisions and renewals of REB (Human Subjects Board) protocols under FDA/ICH specifications.
• Sustained a productive and organized lab for the principal investigator, postdoctoral/visiting researchers, Research Assistants and graduate students.
• Troubleshot and discussed experimental protocols with lab members, post docs or medical students.
• Maintained and prepared inventory of lab supplies and lab orders in people soft financials system.
• Prepared, negotiated and in submitted yearly contracts for different equipment
• Over 8 years of experience in research, R&D and clinical lab in using molecular biology techniques and equipment pipettes, thermal cycler, spectrometers, gel electrophoresis, BSL-II working with infusion studies etc.
Analytical Chemist, 08/2010-03/2011
Solrex Pharmaceuticals (Ranbaxy Group), New Delhi, India (ISO certified Lab, GLP) - professional body providing testing, analytical & consultancy service.
• Performed LAL Test, Bacterial endotoxin, B-12 Assay, Sterility test in GLP, cGMP facility.
• Performed stability test, Dissolution, HPLC, UV-Vis, Karl-Fisher and disintegration.
• Basic Knowledge GMP, GLP, USP, BP, and SOP.
• Tested raw material and approved the samples for production for manufacturing of finished products.
• Poster presentation-ABA-American Burn Association, Las Vegas 2016.
• Presented poster in ASLO international meeting, New Orleans, 2013.
• Participated in nineteenth Annual Student Conference and presented power point presentation of research work at University of Houston at Clear Lake, April 2013.
• Received Dollars for Scholars scholarship from STARS during graduate studies, 201
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cell biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking molecular biology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|