I provide lessons online, or in a student's home. I approach each lesson with confidence and integrity, ensuring that the needs of each student are appropriately met to help them further their abilities and education and to become proficient in the English language.
I am a Post-Grad young professional who runs a Boys and Girls Club in Calgary, Alberta.
With a double major in Psychology and Sociology from St. Francis Xavier University, my academic and professional backgrounds all focus on working with and understanding the needs of the individual.
I have several years experience working with people of all ages, and love helping people become their best selves!
Please note: 24 hour notice is required for lesson cancellation. If not notified within 24 hours prior to the scheduled lesson, the student forfeits the full lesson price.
BOYS AND GIRLS CLUBS OF CALGARY- Present
Community Coordinator, Penbrooke Club
• Interview, hire and supervise a staff team consisting of both full-time and part-time
• Manage a set budget throughout the year
• Complete reports on a monthly and quarterly basis
• Create program schedules throughout the year, for children and youth Grades 1-12
• Develop relationships with other agencies and organizations within the community, to create and maintain program collaborations
• Work with high-risk, lower socioeconomic children, youth and families, from culturally diverse backgrounds
TIM HORTON CHILDREN’S FOUNDATION, St. George, Ontario 2012-2014
Youth Leadership Program Counselor/ Summer Camp Counselor
Camp counselor for underprivileged youth facing a variety of unique challenges. Primarily provided mentorship and guidance through the structured Youth Leadership Program designed to teach adolescents the necessary skills to overcome the challenges of the transition into becoming a successful, self-driven adult.
• Coordinated and ran various workshops targeting the development of different skills aimed at preparing youth for the work-force.
• Handled one-on-one mentorship sessions with campers.
• Worked closely with children aged 8-18 with a wide range of special needs.
Habitat For Humanity, 2013/2014
In- School Mentor for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Nova Scotia, 2012-2014
Peer Mentor with Mental Health First Aid Certification, St. FX University, 2013/2014
Student Volunteer, L’Arche Canada, 2013/2014
O-Crew Orientation Leader, 2013/2014
Double major in Psychology and Sociology, May 2014
ST. FRANCIS XAVIER UNIVERSITY, Antigonish N.S.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$35||$30|