I have a hybrid, or blended style, which follows an integrated approach to teaching that blends the teacher’s personality and interests with students’ needs and curriculum-appropriate methods. This is an all-inclusive teaching method, which allows and enables teachers to tailor their styles to student needs and appropriate subject matter.
I am also a facilitator, as I promote self-learning and help students develop critical thinking skills and retain knowledge that leads to self-actualization. This style trains students to ask questions and helps develop skills to find answers and solutions through exploration
I am a professional project manager that has a 2:1 in my Computer Sciences degree. I live in Manchester and have extensive transferrable skills that I have picked up along the way. I am highly competent in training, coaching and mentoring people at all levels and age groups. I can do this both at home and online.
I have an award in Leadership and Management and a Prince 2 qualification. I have taught various subjects, both professionally and personally. My success rate is 100%. Please contact me for further information.
You can cancel a lesson 48 hours before the lesson is to take place for a full refund. I teach across all levels, beginner, intermediate and advanced. In regards to online, I can do webcam, as well as screen shares. It is all effective methods of teaching. The mother/ female carer can stay with the child if teaching at home - I have no problem with this. I believe in Inclusion and Diversity and respect people of all faiths and religious backgrounds. I live in a pet free home.
I can also help with CV's, Covering Letters, finding a job and a range of other subjects.
Shamila N. Khan BSc (Hons) AMInstLM, MInstAM
Prince 2: Foundation | ILM First Line Management: Award | BSc (Hons) Computation: 2:1
A highly experienced, Prince2 qualified, Project Management Professional, with extensive project delivery expertise gained across the public and private sector environments. Results orientated and quality focused, with excellent relationship management skills, successfully managing 31 projects over 10 years.
Currently DBS cleared, and registered to the update service. Experienced in project management, change management, stakeholder management, budgeting, strategic planning, business analysis, risk management, PRINCE2, MS Project, outsource management, team building, coaching and mentoring, and an understanding of Agile.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE:
• People Management including line management, developing, training and coaching individuals as well as project teams
• Change Management implementing and championing change strategies in the public and private sectors
• Sponsor and Stakeholder Management to Director level formulating plans and roadmaps supporting project strategies
• Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with major blue chip clients at all levels of the hierarchy
• Liaising with management teams to establish requirements and set objectives to ensure key milestone targets
• Preparing financial plans and reports, maintaining and controlling expenditure and monitoring project progress
Project Coordinator: Computacenter (Jul 2017 – Present)
• Managed information on SAP and CISCO in order to monitor WBS charges on behalf of Project Managers to assist with month end reporting.
• Produced and processed project documentation including project reports, full minutes, actions, agendas, health checks, external customer satisfaction questionnaires, IPKOM forms and RAID logs
• Populated and managed SharePoint collaboration sites and key artefacts with updates on projects based on project review meetings, internal governance board meetings, IPKOMs and ICC’s.
• Created and recorded meetings using WebEx whilst liaising with major blue chip clients such as Rolls Royce, TSB, and NHS as well as other public & private sector clients.
• Managed compliance for complex projects that had been outstanding for months, as well as created working instructions that helped train and instruct newcomers, and contributed in increasing productivity and quality.
Project Manager / Fundraising Officer: SKT Welfare (Sep 2012 - Jan 2017)
• Managed a portfolio of fundraising projects from liaising with stakeholders to administering donations
• Responsible for the management, coaching and mentoring of 22 volunteers to successfully complete projects from conception to conclusion, identifying risk and using Prince2 methodologies
• Providing project advice, guidance and support to a portfolio of independent clients right from feasibility and planning, through to delivery and reporting using Prince 2 methodology and a strong understanding of agile.
• Coordinated, led and managed 21 projects over 4 years generating over £80,000 in profits Acting as Project Director, and led ‘Winter Charity Dinner & Entertainment’ using social media to raise profile, raising over £14,000 for charity
• Increased brand/PR profile using YouTube, Facebook, Instagram including professional videography and successfully attracted attention of television, radio and online advertisers to support this charity
Pre Deployment & Deployment Project Co-Ordinator: Computacenter (Nov 2010 - Aug 2011)
• Responsible for liaising with Resourcing and booking engineers for servers, desktops and workstation deployments
• Providing project support for 200 site leads and engineers ensuring possession of relevant site lead information, log-in and network accounts, documentation and CD’s prior to site deployment
• Attended daily conference calls and provided reports to the programme team to report any risks/ potential issues
• Created an ‘end to end’ system for recording deployment, engineer and hardware information for pre-deployment and deployment of engineers/equipment supporting client servers, workstations and desktops
Adjudication Administrator: General Medical Council (Jul 2010 - Nov 2010)
• Liaised with Process Servers, serving documents to Doctors, managing affidavits and invoices and arranged video conferencing as well as trained staff on the use of VC’s and Test Calls
• Set up Purchase Orders for each member of staff and approved Invoices on a weekly basis
Project Assistant: Manchester City Council (Dec 2009 - Jun 2010)
• Appointed to liaise and support Project, Programme and Finance Managers ensuring the delivery of key projects to time and within budget using project methodologies to meet strict targets
• Undertook the analysis of uploading data and producing reports for Partnership Board consideration
• Carried out verification & monitoring visits to supervise and report on projects against the strategic investment plans
• Undertook regular monitoring of expenditure, outputs and reporting on the overall project performance
• Due to project management skills nominated to project manage archiving of key documents and to organise document transition from old archives to new, state of the art, storage facilities
Project Manager / Supervisor / Project Coordinator: Manchester Metropolitan University (Apr 2008 - Dec 2009)
• Managed a team of 6 Project Specialists, and was responsible for managing a portfolio of projects using Prince 2 Foundation, and ISO9001 quality assurance standards
• Redesigned and implemented more effective company procedures by creating bespoke systems increasing productivity
• Managed a variety of projects simultaneously from conception through to completion and evaluation – adopting a variety of project management tools and techniques, ensuring that risks or problems were identified, managed and mitigated
• Project led the International Technologically Enhanced Language and Learning Pedagogy Conference
• Managed the delivery of the de Bono project in partnership with the Edward de Bono Foundation
• Responsible for EYPS admissions, ensuring adequate levels of qualified assessors are available to deliver the programmes, placements and settings, all student contact, assessment deadlines, internal and external moderation, finances, and designing and creating any publicity materials
• Prepared groundwork and supported initial phases of iTeach programme in conjunction with Canterbury Christ Church University and Hibernia College
• Organised and managed events and conferences. Key speakers included Prof. Edward de Bono, Prof. Gervase Phinn, and Manchester United Foundations Chief Executive John Shiels
• Promoted from Temporary to Permanent Project Coordinator and then to Supervisor, followed by Project Manager
• Shortlisted, interviewed, recruited, inducted, trained and coached 3 members of my project team using my ILM Level 3 First Line Management qualification
• As part of £2m Early Years Professional Status (EYPS) programme, managing a £50k recruitment budget to recruit and retain EYPS students and to raise awareness of EYPS both externally and internally
• Delivered Primary Maths Specialist project 5 weeks ahead of plan within budget
• Coordinated and liaised with over 40 childcare settings within Greater Manchester placing students 3 times a year, providing guidance and advice on gaining the placements of their choice
• Liaised with Liverpool Hope University and 12 local authorities delivering Primary Maths Specialist project
Project Management & Support
Budget Management Process
Design & Implementation
Risk Analysis & Management
Perfect! Shamila is an amazing tutor! She is so patient and is able to explain complex information in an easily digestible way. I would have no hesitation in recommending her.
Lucy is very attentive. She is always willing to learn and apply the knowledge to her work.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest microsoft word lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, microsoft excel lessons for all!
Taking microsoft powerpoint lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$25||Not available||$25|
|5 hours||$110||Not available||$127|
|10 hours||$203||Not available||$254|