My teaching methodologies span across a mix of traditional (storytelling - theories) and the creative approach (modern - application), depending on the subject and the candidate's level of current understanding on the topic.
Ideally, I like to provide a theoretical introduction of the topic on hand, before opening up to mathematical problems and their real world implications; taking questions as we proceed.
I am a recent McMaster MBA with a hobby of sharing my accumulated learnings on math and science with passionate and curious minds. As an electronics engineer in undergrad and an IT professional thereafter, I do share a passion for science, math, and technology which drives me to achieve an efficient knowledge transfer.
Open to negotiations.
Master of Business Administration, Co-op (3.7/4) December 2020
DeGroote School of Business, McMaster University, ON
Bachelor of Engineering, Electrical and Electronics July 2012
Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore, India
• Proficient in MS Office: Excel, Word, Visio, Project, PowerPoint; Problem solving, Administrative Support
Business Analyst (Global Procurement Services, Scotiabank) May – December 2019, May – August 2020
• Collaborated with contract owners, category leads, business line executives, corporate functions and EVMOs to perform requirements gathering for risk and technology, understand BNS governance structure, and assist senior manager bring together an enterprise-wide executive council
• Supported Procurement Operations by triaging emails from contract owners and accounts payable to ensure that all Scotiabank timely payments adhere to its code of conduct and global sales principles
• Analyzed contract and supplier master data for all active Scotiabank contracts to update a dynamic excel application 'Contract expiry', that helped contract managers run CLM better
• Studied yearly spend reports for all IT-hardware category and performed a segmentation analysis to calculate demand forecasts, infer purchase trends by geography, and help plan capital budget better
• Performed category spend analysis and supplier parent-child mapping to help execute superior supplier management practices under contract, performance, and risk management
Advanced Math Tutor (Times Education, Bangalore) March 2015 – September 2018
• Enhanced learning experience by optimizing wide range of concepts from all levels of maths, including Algebra, Geometry, Calculus, Trigonometry, Algorithms, Functions, and advanced problem solving
• Collaborated with Times faculty to set goals and evaluate students’ performance and kept detailed progress notes and time sheets for each session
VOLUNTARY AND COMMUNITY
Pitching in for Charity, DeGroote School of Business Hamilton 19 – 20
• Explored and pursued the opportunity to be paired with multiple local charity in the Greater Hamilton Area to study markets, analyze company objectives, historic impact, prepare a business pitch on their behalf, and present it to a panel of philanthropists
Rally for Rivers, Isha Foundation Bangalore 17 – 18
• Volunteered and promoted environment friendly and socially sustainable initiatives for the Rally for Rivers campaign, helping draw thousands of people at multiple public events and raise mass awareness on how to revitalize India’s rapidly depleting rivers that provide water, food, and commercial agroforestry to millions
Compassion Unlimited Plus Action, CUPA Bangalore 07 – 17
• Coordinated with connected animal welfare organizations and local law enforcement to help professionals administer canine birth control, anti-rabies vaccination, trauma and rescue, and adoption and foster programmes for the largest stray dog population in the world
HOBBIES AND INTERESTS
• As a wildlife enthusiast and amateur landscape photographer, I occasionally enjoy going on treks and camping around the country, appreciating the views of unbounded nature and provincial parks, and try to capture those moments through my lens
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||$75||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||$150||$200|