I base my classes on your level of understanding of chemistry and start from there. We explore the problems that are holding you back and work together to achieve a mutual understanding of the answers and how we achieved them. We then review the process in achieving the answers to make sure that you understand completely how the answers were reached and try to have fun throughout the process.
An honours graduate in Chemistry from the University of Waterloo, I have over 25 years experience in Industrial Chemistry. A significant extension of my career was the training and teaching of people in the use and application of chemistry in industrial applications. I was also a very successful tutor in high school and university with my students actually scoring higher than myself in tests and exams.
- For individual lessons, 24 hours notice is required, if cancelling tutor lesson.
WATER SAMPLING TECHNICIAN (3 years)
• Certified Trained Small Drinking Water Systems Operator.
• Obtained distribution, treated and raw water samples from clients (e.g. schools).
• Conducted and documented on-site testing with spectrophotometers and log books.
TECHNICAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE (5 years)
• Developed territory for sale of chemicals, chemical equipment and software.
• Successfully provided chemical technical service, support and training to all sales accounts.
• Developed sales business plans.
• Managed sales development for suppliers in a variety of chemical markets.
TECHNICAL MANAGER (4 years)
• Developed and produced high quality cleaning products for customers.
• Edited product labeling and packaging to comply with various federal regulations.
• Supported Sales & Marketing in technical service, product development, labeling and packaging.
• Expert in a variety of computer applications for sales, marketing and research.
SENIOR CHEMIST (25 years)
• Developed chemical specialty products for Industrial/Institutional applications.
• Managed field trials and product evaluation surveys.
• Product launch specialist with hands-on manufacturing support experience.
• Provided expert technical support and training to customers across Canada.
• Generated technical manuals, regulatory documents and government tenders.
Bachelor of Science (Honours Science-Chemistry Major), University of Waterloo
• Management I (Diversey Lever-sponsored course)
• Situational Leadership (Diversey Lever-sponsored course)
• Skills for Sales Success (Canadian Professional Sales Association)
• Principles of Buying (Purchasing Management Association of Canada)
• WSET Level 1 Award in Wines (WSET)
• Smart Serve Certificate (Smart Serve Ontario/Mohawk College)
• Fork Lift (Reach Truck) and Cherry Picker Certification (Home Depot Canada)
• Operation of Small Drinking-Water Systems (Ministry of Environment - Ontario)
• President, Board of Directors - Wentworth Condominium Corporation #16 (14 years)
• International Year of the Volunteer Award - Government of Canada
• Volunteer - 2016 & 2017 RBC Canadian Open – Greenside Laser Operator
• Member/Trail Captain - Bruce Trail Conservancy (Iroquoia Bruce Trail Club)
• Member - Royal Astronomical Society of Canada (Hamilton Centre)
• Member - Hamilton Amateur Astronomers
• Member - Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum (Hamilton, Ontario)
• Volunteering, Astronomy, Hiking, Aviation, Gourmet Cooking, Theatre, Genealogy, Woodworking and Gardening.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest arithmetic lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, other sciences lessons for all!
Taking electrochemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$46||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||$210||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||$400||$200|