Every student is different and I structure my lessons based on each situation. Whether you want to work on your pitch, audition for a school/musical, prep for an exam, widen your range or just simply work on your craft - I am here to help!
I am a professional vocalist, guitarist, pianist and songwriter proficient in music education and performance. I have my Bachelor of Music Degree for Voice with Honours. I am a highly recognized music teacher in the Greater Toronto Area due to my knowledge of all genres, positivity and approach of teaching.
Professional musician proficient in music education and performance. Passionate and motivated, with a drive for excellence. Highly recognized singing, piano and guitar teacher as well as the CEO and vocalist of Toronto's Special Events music duo "Call it Serendipity."
In-home Music Teacher - Mississauga ON - 2016 to Present
- Create a positive, achievement-oriented and structured learning environment that excites and invests students.
- Instruct students on instruments including singing, piano and guitar as well as songwriting and theory.
- Building trust and community via clear and timely communication with students and families.
Special Events Performer - Greater Toronto Area - 2015 to Present
- Perform in a professional voice/guitar and saxophone live music duo for all events.
- High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Manage the customer portfolio & develop more business opportunities.
Music Teacher at the Merriam School of Music - Oakville ON - 2013 to Present
- Follow District curriculum relative to classroom instruction and District guidelines involving co-curricular activities.
- Implement techniques for effecting positive student behavior.
- Keep student performance and participation information up-to-date by grading assessments in a timely manner, and logging all student and parent contacts.
Music Teacher at Canadas School of Music - Oakville ON - 2011 to 2013
- Establishing an exemplary classroom culture that balances high expectations with love and support.
- Maintain a classroom environment conducive to learning through thoughtful and continuous planning supported by efficient organizational procedures.
- Participate in both short- and long-term instructional planning.
Humber College, Bachelor of Music with Honours, 2011 to 2015
First Aid & CPR, Certification, 2015 to 2019
Iona Catholic Secondary School, High School Arts Diploma, 2007 to 2011
- Toronto R&B Sounds by the Is Cream at the Baby G (2019)
- Canadian National Exhibition (2018)
- Union Summer Presented by TD - Union Station (2018)
- Invictus Games (2017)
- TD Toronto Jazz Festival (2017)
- Carassauga Festival (2017)
- The Rivoli (2016)
- The Gladstone Hotel (2016)
- The Burdock (2016)
- Port Credit Southside Shuffle (2015)
- The Jazz Bistro (2015)
- 3030 (2015)
- TD Downtown Oakville Jazz Festival (2010 - 2015)
- Harlem Restaurant (2013)
- 'Unfold Me,' Single by Meagan de Lima (2018)
- 'Best of Me' Single by Isaiah Gibbons ft. Meagan de Lima (2018)
- 'Like You Do' EP by Meagan de Lima (2015)
- 'Like You Do' Single by Meagan de Lima, Produced by Bob Ezrin (2015)
- 'Feed A Puppy' Voice over for the television show Guilt Free Zone lll (2017)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Logic Pro 7 - X
- Pro tools 9 - 12
- Ableton Live
- Sibelius 6 - 8.1
- Finale 2009 - 2012
- Garageband 2007 – 2011
- Positive Attitude
- Creative & Innovative
- Committed & Reliable
- Problem Solver & Decision Maker
- Communicative and Organized
- Computer & Technical Literacy
- Patient & Encouraging
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest music reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, guitar lessons for all!
Taking piano lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$60|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$300|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$600|