For me, I will firstly try to know more about my students and to build up a trustworthy and stable relationship with them. So then later when it comes to teach, I will ask what they have learned and found difficult about. I will try to explain the parts that they find difficult in details with patience, until they have a better understanding of it. I will also follow up their understanding with examples and homework. My teach will also base on the student's personality and preference.
I am an Economics and Statistics student who is also major in Mathematics. For tutoring, I have experience tutoring math from high school with lower grade students. I have also tutored international students with English speaking and grammar. I will be getting a bachelor degree after graduation.
HIGHLIGHT OF QUALIFICATIONS
Strong individual skills of performing high level professional tasks with fast-learning ability demonstrated through work and volunteer experiences
Efficient team management illustrated by running student club, demonstrated strong focus on details and comprehensive problem solving
Proficient leadership with ability to transfer leadership styles among different situations
Outstanding interpersonal communication skills demonstrated by volunteering experiences
University of Toronto Toronto, Canada
Bachelor of Science (BSc), Major in Economics, Minor in Statistics and Mathematics
Relevant Courses: ECO: Financial Economics, International Macroeconomics, International Trade; STAT: Method of Data Analysis, Loss Models; MATH: Ordinary Differential Equations, etc.
Active in several student associations including Republic of China Student Association University of Toronto (ROCSAUT), Canadian-Asian Student Society (CASS), Korean Christian Fellowship (KCF), Power to Change, etc
One of the staff members in Media Department of ROCSAUT, 2015
Department of Business Economics, Yonsei University Seoul, Korea
Exchange Abroad Program launched by University of Toronto Sep 2016 – June 2017
Dean’s List for Outstanding Exchange Student Award, 2017
Active in student clubs including Mentors Club, Yonsei English Society, Business Sharing Club, etc
Served in Emmaus Ministry and Philadelphia Church
Private English/Math Tutor, Canada & South Korea & China Mar 2016 - Present
• Conducted motivating group studies among 10+ students with similar English proficiency levels or studying goals to improve their teamwork and peer monitoring ability
• Exhibited excellent educational skills by proposing lesson plans, preparing lecture notes and follow-up homework in which enhanced students’ understanding and test performances
• Demonstrated great patience, leading abilities by inducing students’ intuition and critical thinking via life experiences and daily examples
Kantar Millward Brown
Research and Consulting Intern Dec 2016 – Mar 2017
• Displayed positive working attitude for the world’s leading Market Research experts industry, through following up new unfamiliar tasks with experienced co-worker leaders
• Utilized SPSS to sort and analyze the data of brand preference of beer brands under co-operating client AB InBev
• Prepared band performance reports and analysis in response to questionnaires from consumers
• Exhibited initiative by checking with data accuracy and research results using Excel and SPSS
• Delivered tasks in a timely fashion and received recognition from senior officer
• Illustrated strong team work ability through team project of presentation on analysis of brands performance, conducted by dividing tasks of testing surveys and sorting feedbacks from clients
Math Club Executive
co-executive Feb - Sept 2015
• Demonstrated strong leadership and management skill by organizing club fair events and weekly club meetings
• Exhibited passion by cooperating with peers, coming up with ideas to complete tasks/questions more efficiently
• Assisted course instructor sorting out problem sets for students to prepare for coming-up contests/competitions
INTERESTS AND SKILLS
Skills: Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and SRSS; intermediate proficiency in SAS, Stata, Microsoft Access, R program
Languages: Fluent English, Mandarin, Korean, intermediate German and Cantonese
Interests: Singing, hand crafts - including mosaic glass, pottery, knitting; photography and travel – destinations include Netherlands, Switzerland, France, Italy, Belgium, etc;
Volunteering: Orientation Mentor – York Region District School Board; Special Children Mentor – Thornhill Secondary School; Teen Library Volunteer – Vaughan Public Library; Canadian Cubing Contest Assistant; Church Service Volunteer – Good News Chinese Church Toronto
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$23||Not available||$20|
|5 hours||$110||Not available||$100|
|10 hours||$210||Not available||$200|