I strongly believe in learner-centered environment and motivate my students to develop their own interests and critical thinking. The application of technology and computer-based material such as language labs, audio lessons, online exercise sheets and YouTube are helpful tools in the promotion of meaningful learning through collaborative way; which also promote reflective thinking and improve the students’ communicative and trans-cultural skills.
Certified ESL teacher with extensive experience of teaching students from varied backgrounds and age-groups. I've the following qualifications:
1. Masters in English
2. Masters in Education
3. TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language) Certification
4. Ontario College of Teachers Certified
Presently working with Ottawa Catholic School Board as an ESL and ILP teacher.
* OCT (Ontario College of Teachers) Certified
* 2019 - Teaching English as a Second Language Certification
* Qualified the UGC-NET in Education.
* IELTS with overall band 8.
* 2013 - Masters in Education
* 2008 - Masters in English
* 2006 - Bachelor of Arts (with honors in English)
ESL Instructor | OCSB - Ottawa, ON | June 2019 to Present
Working with Ottawa Catholic School Board as an ESL teacher. Teaching experience with students from Foundation level to CLB level 8 and from diverse backgrounds. Experience in providing specialized classes for English conversation, vocabulary building, basic and advanced English grammar, IELTS preparation and Canadian Citizenship exam.
Volunteer Teacher | Saint James Catholic School | October 2017 to June 2018
Serving as a volunteer teacher for ESL for Grade I & II for three days a week. Key responsibilities include:
- Teaching word formation (reading and writing) in English
- Developing special tools to facilitate Phonemic learning. Developed around 10 tools, which are being used now by teachers and students for other classes as well.
- Assisting the teacher in getting the routine work (including Science, mathematics subjects) done for the slow learners
Empaneled Resource person for Workshops | Encyclopedia Britannica | May 2016 to February 2017
Worked as an empaneled resource person with Encyclopedia Britannica for conducting workshops.
- Workshop topics which I've been taking: Communication Skills and English linguistics (primarily Phonetics)
- Target Audience: Elementary and High School Teachers teaching ESL
Assistant Professor | Chandigarh University | August 2015 to December 2016
Responsible for giving students a rigorous, well-rounded education, and for maintaining discipline in accordance with university policies. Key responsibilities include:
- Teaching Professional Ethics and Communication Skills to BCA and MCA classes.
- Leading and conducting the Communication Skills Workshops for the 'Applied Sciences' Department.
- Responsible for ensuring that students acquire and consolidate knowledge, skills and understanding appropriate to the subject being taught.
- Teaching Interview and Presentation Skills to students and enabling them to face the interviews.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$30|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$150|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$300|