Always looking for the best way to approach a student and help him and support him in finding the right studying method and learning tools that works for him/her.
Engineer with 15 years of tutoring experience can provide help students of any age (University included) in math, physics, technical drawing, analysis/calculus, chemistry and in other subjects.
Rate can be discussed depending on level of complexity of the subject, travelling distance and amount of hours needed. Very open to discussion
Brandon, MB R7A 7S2 • (concealed information) • (concealed information) • Skype Contact: michele_fiorese
Continuous Improvement and Manufacturing Engineer
With education, training, and certifications in supply chain, Lean Six Sigma, and several years of process engineering management experience. A hard working, driven professional with an aptitude and proven track record for process development and creative problem solving. Strong communicator, with people skills and ability to learn and adapt quickly, lead a team, and serve internal and external customers with professionalism. Fluent in Italian and English.
Areas of Expertise
• Continuous Improvement • Process Improvement • Supply Chain Logistics
• Team Leadership • Technical Documentation • Project Management
• Quality Control
• Industrial Engineering • Lean Six Sigma
• Material Engineering • Training & Development
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Supply Chain Management Specialization Certification | Rutgers State University (Coursera), New Jersey, 2017
Coursework: Supply Chain Logistics, Operations, Planning, Sourcing, and Management Strategy
Master of Lean Six Sigma – Black Belt Certification | Bonfiglioli Consulting, Bologna, Italy, 2016
Coursework: Process Improvement, 5s, Communication, DMAIC Model, Leadership, PFMEA, Value Stream Mapping, Design of Experiment, Anova, Control Charts
Master’s Degree in Material Engineering | University of Trento, Italy, 2012
Thesis: “Development of a Thermal Fatigue Test with Multiaxial Stress in Hot Rolling” – Exchange Program in Luleå (Sweden – August 2010 to June 2011) – Strong understanding of materials characteristics and technology (e.g. polymers: blown or cast film extrusion; metal alloys: powder metallurgy; composites: profile extrusion; etc.)
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering | University of Trento, Italy, 2009
Thesis: “Evaluation of Residual Stresses on Thin Films of Cu Deposited by PVD” – Understanding of industrial processes and procedures (Testing and Quality Standards; Process Control and Improvement Techniques; etc.)
ADDITIONAL LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
Certification for Lean Organizational Class (GC&P 2015), Rhinoceros 5.0 Course for Modeling and Rendering (2015), Cyanide and Hazardous Substance License (2014), Certified and Registered Material Engineer (2012)
HYLIFE FOODS LTD., Main St E, Neepawa, MB R0J 1H0, Manitoba (Canada), June 2017 - Present
Manufacturing Engineer – Continuous Improvement Team
As part of the Continuous Improvement Team, I support the business through effective management of value, risk, content, communication, knowledge and resources. Analyzed workflow operations and work in progress to create a Value Stream Map, enabling process improvements. I personally work to develop and implement the company expansion. I play a key role in designing, modeling, building and deploying functional solutions. I lowered lead times in the different departments by increasing the lines productivity.
• Assumed leadership and management of activities requiring process improvements.
• Ensured appropriate response to immediate safety, quality and productivity issues that arise.
• Ensured budgets are adhered to as approved.
• Ensured compliance to all codes and regulations including the health and safety policy and practices in the delivery of services.
• Analyzed work force utilization, facility layout and operation data such as product cost, process flows and production schedules, to determine efficient utilization of all assets.
• Involved in the training and development of other employees within the organization.
• Assisted with the development and integration of corporate cultural elements.
• Championed and evolve continuous improvement initiatives.
• Led and participate in special product or process development projects.
• Assumed other technical support duties as they are assigned.
VIERI S.P.A (JEWELRY PROCESSING PLANT), Cassola, Italy, January 2014 – October 2016
Team Lead, Production Management/Process Engineering
Reduced costs and gained process efficiencies that resulted in less gold needing to be kept in stock, thus reducing expenses. Lowered lead times in the drawing department by increasing the drawing machines' productivity. Analyzed workflow operations and work in progress to create a Value Stream Map, enabling process improvements. Influenced CEO and production planning leadership team. Orchestrated daily meetings to review control charts, work in progress, stock, and productivity metrics, adjusting production as needed to achieve ongoing results. Collaborated with the marketing department to develop 15 new chain prototypes as well as operators to engineer processing steps and industrialize the new products.
• Spearheaded a Lean Six Sigma project resulting in savings of 22,400 euro/month.
• Managed a team of 52 operators on a daily basis to execute all aspects of quality control, procurement, research, and development.
• Implemented process changes to increase the minimum batch put to work, increasing the productivity of the main machine by 16%.
• Established a new control system for the processing line resulting in a 25% increase in productivity.
• Sourced, benchmarked, and negotiated with new supplier for nickel safe white gold alloys resulting in securing a 10% lower price per kilogram.
• Employed many Lean tools including 5S, Kaizen, SMED, and plan production to reduce inventory and improve pull techniques.
VIERI S.P.A. (JEWELRY PROCESSING PLANT), Cassola, Italy, April 2012 – December 2013
Process Engineer Apprentice
Researched and developed a new continuous and automatic rolling mill line, resulting in a time savings of 37%, gaining production efficiencies in working with expensive gold alloy materials. Analyzed processes to recommend improvements and championed projects from inception through completion. Managed hazardous materials. Created technical drawings for replacement parts.
• Lead project and testing to replace TIG welding machines with laser welding machines, resulting in increased productivity of the welding sector, 20% decreased maintenance time, and no reduction of tensile strength.
• Developed a capability to work the gold alloys with lower-temperature heat treatments, better preserving the mechanical properties of the metal and resulting in 50% improved compliance with UNI EN 1811:2011 nickel standard; this reduced allergenic effects and allowed for “nickel-safe” marketing of white-gold chains.
SELF EMPLOYED PRIVATE TUTORING, Bassano del Grappa and Trento, Italy, September 2006 – January 2017
Provided bi-lingual instruction in Italian and English to students in math, physics, technical drawing, analysis, and chemistry. Developed and employed various studying methods and learning tools to improve results.
FINSNICKERY & LULEA TEKNISKA UNIVERSITET, Pitea and Lulea, Sweden, September 2010 – June 2011
Collaborated with a Swedish energy plant to study ethanol electrical energy production using the exhaust gas of Siemens TB500 gas turbines. Executed projects for material selection and eco-design of window frames with high insulation and mechanical properties. Both projects were conducted as part of a class at Lulea Tekniska University.
• Developed ideas on how to re-use ethanol’s gas to produce electricity. Re-engineered production to replace PVC cross-linked foam with polyurethane foam as a 50% cheaper material for window frame insulation.
• Advanced Skills: MS Office, MS Operating Systems, AutoCAD/Rhinoceros and Adobe Photoshop
• Moderate Proficiency: FEA Software (Ansys, Abacus), 3D Modeling Software (Solidworks) and Minitab
• Basic Proficiency: Programming languages (MATLAB), AS400
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, arithmetic lessons for all!
Taking statistics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|