My approach is more conversational. I would rather have the person speak and make mistakes than not speak at all and memorize the entire grammar book. My method includes stopping the pupil's speaking every time they make a grammar mistake in their sentence, and having the pupil do the work to figure out why their sentence is incorrect. Only until the pupil has exhausted all their resources do I provide help.
I like to follow a grammar book but not for the whole duration of a class. It's important to apply grammar rules into language exercises.
-Went to Concordia University and received a degree in religion.
-Volunteered in Israel teaching English and doing other various volunteer work.
-Travelled while I was volunteering
-Was the executive assistant to a CEO.
-Was an ESL teacher at a language school in Montreal.
Teaching experience working with adults and children of all ages, creating educational programs, counseling for kids ages 8-16, giving presentations, working in a group-like setting, teaching English, tutoring, leading religious services, as well as experience in various administrative tasks.
South High School 2009-2012
High School Diploma
Concordia University 2013-2017
Major: Religious Studies
TESOL Certificate 2017
ESL Teacher at ATPAL 2017
• Led and taught groups of adults English to foreigners, which built up
my communication and leadership skills by having to implement various
techniques to help them practice, develop, and solidify their
language and problem solving skills.
• Had to create and provide muscular and sound repetition exercises in
order to overcome pronunciation problems. This required me to analyze
each student’s language learning needs and create solutions for them.
Undergraduate Appraisal Committee Representative 2017
• Responsible for appraising a current university department,
adding any suggestions or critiques to the department’s programs
and set goals.
• Addressed and took into consideration the concerns of different programs
within the department and also evaluated expenses and inquired whether
to cut or include programs based on the department’s budget.
Executive Assistant at G.D.C.R. Inc. 2016
• Prepared and reviewed documents, files, budgets,
and contracts for various clients.
• Responsibilities included having to multitask and be efficient with time,
making time management a top priority.
• In charge of schedule management, research, data entry and
analysis, invoicing, and responsible for handling incoming
and outgoing communication.
Counselor/Music Program Director at URJ Camp Kalsman 2012-2015
• Planning educational, introspective programs to build kid’s identities
and help them develop critical thinking and analytical skills. I was able to
implement a mindset about themselves that resulted in a raise in
• Helped kids with conflict resolutions, guided individuals with their
internal and external conflicts, provided emotional stress relief through
trust building sessions and focused on positive use of negative emotions.
• Had to handle a high level of last minute demands and even had to
improvise depending on the situation that arose such as weather, the
cancellation of a program, or extra time left over.
• Was required to handle high stress situations, from simple conflicts to
life-threatening ones. This forced me to find the best solution and work with
my colleagues to find the best and most appropriate action to take as a
team in a professional manner.
Office Assistant 2015-2016
• Assisted receptionist and office clerk in a middle school performing
administrative tasks and using Microsoft Office Suite such as Excel, Word,
PowerPoint along with Gmail and other organization interfaces.
• Duties included filing, organizing, writing emails, delivering messages,
answering phones, printing, faxing, and other office-related tasks.
ESL Teacher with Oranim 2012-2013
• Volunteered helping English teachers in a Jewish school in Israel and assisted students
outside the classroom work on the English language in the form of games,
worksheets, and conversational exercises.
• Taught in an Arab school also in Israel with little resources and had to deal
with a difficult language barrier, as these students did not speak Hebrew
either. I ended up teaching both English and Hebrew to these students.
This helped develop my adaptability skills.
Typing speed: 70 WPM
Excellent communication skills.
Highly refined time management skills.
Proficient at Sage 50, Microsoft Office & Excel, G Suite. Flexible, productive and adaptable.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$33||$27|