- Hourly rate $22
- Response Time 13h
- Number of students 4
University student offering online English tutoring sessions for elementary and high school students.
- By webcam
About the lesson
The techniques and teaching methods that I use boil down to explaining a concept and then applying that concept in examples and exercises so that the student understands the link between theory and application.
I cater my classes to each student in order to make sure that I am addressing the student's difficulties so that I can help them learn.
A typical class would have the following structure:
- Review of material (theory and general concepts - I often provide the student with notes)
- Examples (to apply the reviewed material)
- Exercises (I usually get the student to do the exercises individually to verify their understanding of the material that I taught during the class. I correct the exercises with the students once they have tried to figure them out.)
- Questions (I always tell the students that they can ask questions at any point in time if they do not understand something that I explained or if they have general inquiries, etc.)
The classes are meant for elementary and high school students.
- All Levels
I attended a French high school and graduated the enriched program in 2019. I completed one year of CEGEP in the Natural Sciences program and am currently an engineering student going into the second year of my bachelor's degree. I have a year of tutoring experience with grade 6 and 7 students (French, English, Science & Technology and Mathematics).
In 2016-2017, I participated in the Expo-sciences science fair. My partner and I developed a biodegradable water bottle. With our project, we made it to the Canada-Wide Science Fair where we earned a bronze medal and won a scholarship.
• School Meritas Awards
• Prix Coup de Cœur, 2015 and 2019
• Élisabeth Bruyère Scholarship, 2019
• May 19th, 2011 – received 911 Little Hero Award from the City of Ottawa
I am fluently bilingual (English and French).
- 5 h: $110
- 10 h: $220
- $ 22/h